Visit Shriners Children's New England
When visitors arrive, we're as happy to see them as the children are. Visitors can bring a smile to a patient's face and help them pass the time. But they can do more than that. Feeling supported by family and friends can also help enhance the healing process.
We ask that all guests, visitors and family members join us in creating a positive environment where hope and healing meet.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Your Safety Remains a Top Priority.
Shriners Children's New England is open and caring for patients with strict safety measures. We've resumed surgical care for pediatric patients, expanded clinic appointments and are accepting referrals for new patients and consultations.
To protect the health of patients, families and employees, we have adopted new safety measures:
- Restricting access to the facility. Only two adults are allowed to accompany each patient during their hospitalization.
- A maximum of two family members are permitted to accompany a patient to outpatient appointments, including clinic visits, Pediatric Orthotic and Prosthetic Services and the rehabilitation department.
- Requiring a mask, face shield or goggles be worn by staff members when providing direct patient care or when in close contact with a parent/guardian.
- Screening patients and guests for possible cold and flu-like symptoms and potential exposure to the virus.
- Requiring a face mask be worn in the facility. Individuals will be provided a mask if they don't have one.
- Practicing social distancing by requiring everyone to maintain a distance of at least six feet from others.
- Testing all patients for COVID-19 48 hours prior to surgery.
If you or your child have had a positive COVID test within the last 10 days, we will ask you to reschedule your child’s appointment.
General Visiting Guidelines
To maintain a family-friendly, healing environment, we ask that all visitors respect the following guidelines:
- All visitors must register with security daily. Photo identification is required and visitor badges are issued by security upon arrival to the facility.
- Two parents, legal guardians or designated adults over 18 years of age are welcome to visit 24 hours a day. General visiting hours for other visitors are from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Visitors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Visitors under the age of 6 must be a patient’s sibling and must undergo a screening for communicable diseases.
- Visitors must not take patients off the unit without the permission of the nurse staff.
- Visitors are asked to respect patient confidentiality.
- Visitors known to be ill or who have been exposed to communicable diseases are not allowed to visit.
- During flu season, our policy only permits family members to visit patients on the unit.
- Shriners Children’s New England is a non-smoking facility.
- The use of alcohol or drugs is not allowed on hospital grounds.
There is a cafeteria on the first floor where visitors are welcome to buy meals and snacks at their own expense. Cash and credit/debit cards accepted.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the cafeteria is open Monday through Friday 7-10 a.m. for breakfast and 11:30 a.m.-4 p.m. for lunch. Closed Saturday and Sunday.
Vending machines are available for snacks and drinks 24 hours a day.
Support During Your Time With Us
Keep In Touch
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on everything that's happening at Shriners Children's.