Your Donation Changes Children's Lives at Shriners Children’s New England
Shriners Hospitals for Children is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, commonly known as Shriners Children’s. Shriners Children's has been leading specialty pediatric healthcare since 1922. We deliver specialty pediatric care to children around the world, providing a comprehensive range of treatments and services that help improve the quality of children's lives and allow them to reach their full potential.
There are many reasons to make a charitable gift to Shriners Hospitals for Children – and your passion for helping children is likely at the top of that list. Friends like you make it possible for us to provide pediatric specialty care, regardless of the family's ability to pay or insurance status, today and for years to come.
Read on to learn how you can support Shriners Children's New England through ways that include planned giving, hosting and attending fundraising events, and participating in our community outreach.
Shriners Hospitals for Children has pressing needs to meet every day. When you give an outright financial gift, you make our current work possible and help to shape the future of health care for children with medical needs. Outright gifts include:
- Online donations via our donation site, LovetotheRescue.org
- Checks or other monetary gifts
Shriners Hospitals for Children is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law. Your generous gift directly helps support patient care at Shriners Children's New England.
Give through your workplace matching gift program.
At Shriners Hospitals for Children, planned giving ensures we can continue to provide the most amazing care anywhere for generations. When we know about your future intention, we can plan for your gift and all the good it can do.
Planned giving and other types of planned philanthropy advance our research and improve the medical care we provide, benefiting patients for generations. To ensure we meet the wishes of our donors, our giving programs include careful planning and thorough consideration, as our knowledgeable fundraising staff consults with donors, their families, legal professionals and wealth advisors. Together, we’ll develop a plan for giving that aligns with your specific tax objectives and estate planning needs.
- Bequests: Maintain full control of your financial resources during your lifetime and reduce your taxable estate by including Shriners Children’s New England in your will or living trust.
- Charitable Gift Annuities: Provide a lifetime income to you and/or a loved one and earn a current income tax deduction with a gift of cash or property.
- Gifts of Life Insurance: Earn an immediate income tax deduction and a possible premium deduction by designating Shriners Children’s New England as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
- Gifts of Real Estate: Transfer the burden of managing a property and the expense of taxes with a gift of real estate.
- Gifts of Retirement Plans: By naming Shriners Children’s New England as the beneficiary of your retirement account, such as a 401(k) or IRA, you can avoid passing on heavy income and estate taxes to your heirs.
- Gifts of Stock or Electronic Cash Transfers: Our Development Office works in partnership with individuals and their financial institutions for these transactions.
- Endowments and Naming Gifts: Give your family name the opportunity to represent something special at Shriners Hospitals for Children. These giving opportunities are closely aligned with a donor’s interest such as building, room or equipment namings, program-specific namings or endowed academic chair namings.
Learn more about these planned giving areas.
Fundraisers and Special Events
There are many ways to get involved and support Shriners Children’s New England — by attending one of our planned events, volunteering to help fundraise or support patient needs and activities, or by creating an online fundraising pages — there is always a way for individuals and businesses to help patients and their families receive life-changing care. Click here for more details on how to support, and learn more about fundraising programs offered at Shriners Children’s New England.
More Ways to Give
For more information about fundraisers, special events or in-kind donations, please contact:
Stacey Perlmutter, Director of Development
Donations of Toys, Crafts and Other Items
Patients and families greatly appreciate your in-kind donations to help them while they are with us or transitioning back home.
Purchasing items from our AmazonSmile Charity List is the best way to make sure your gift will be meaningful and useful to patients and families in our care; and to safely and securely send your donation directly to the hospital.
If you have an item that is not on our wish list, please contact the donor relations office to discuss before bringing it to the hospital. Please note infection control policy prohibits the acceptance of specific items such as food, homemade toys and goods constructed from wood or other materials, homemade cards, Beanie Babies or any other stuffed animals, porcelain dolls, knitted items and anything containing latex. All toys and books must be new and in their original packaging.
Donations are accepted weekdays, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Please call us at 413-735-1327 if you need more information or have questions about delivering your donation.
Donate Your Vehicle to Benefit Shriners Children's New England
Your car donation can help transform children's lives. Each vehicle donated helps Shriners Children’s deliver exceptional healthcare. Please consider any vehicle, running or not, including cars, trucks, trailers, boats, RVs, motorcycles, campers, off-road vehicles, planes, heavy equipment, farm machinery, and most other motorized vehicles. The vehicle can be in any condition and picked up from any location. Your vehicle is towed at no cost to you. Complete the online vehicle donation form or call 833-SHC-KIDS (833-742-5437) seven days a week. Learn more about the program. The process is easy, and your gift may qualify as a tax deduction.
Shop with AmazonSmile
You can support Shriners Hospitals for Children just by doing your regular Amazon shopping at smile.amazon.com. When you select Shriners Hospitals for Children as your Amazon Smile charity, Amazon will donate .5% of the of the eligible purchases to Shriners Hospitals for Children.
We’re always here for our patients, regardless of a family's ability to pay or insurance status.
Keep In Touch
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on everything that's happening at Shriners Children's.