Your Donation Changes Children's Lives at Shriners Children’s St. Louis
Shriners Hospitals for Children is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, commonly known as Shriners Children’s. Shriners Children's has been leading specialty pediatric healthcare since 1922. We deliver specialty pediatric care to children around the world, providing a comprehensive range of treatments and services that help improve the quality of children's lives and allow them to reach their full potential.
There are many reasons to make a charitable gift to Shriners Hospitals for Children – and your passion for helping children is likely at the top of that list. Friends like you make it possible for us to provide pediatric specialty care, regardless of the family's ability to pay or insurance status, today and for years to come.
Read on to learn how you can support Shriners Children's St. Louis through ways that include planned giving, hosting and attending fundraising events, and participating in our community outreach.
Shriners Hospitals for Children has pressing needs to meet every day. When you give an outright financial gift, you make our current work possible and help to shape the future of healthcare for children with medical needs. Outright gifts include:
- Online donations via our donation site, LovetotheRescue.org
- Checks or other monetary gifts
Shriners Hospitals for Children is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law. Your generous gift directly helps support patient care at Shriners Children's St. Louis.
At Shriners Hospitals for Children, planned giving ensures we can continue to provide the most amazing care anywhere for generations. When we know about your future intention, we can plan for your gift and all the good it can do.
Planned giving and other types of planned philanthropy advance our research and improve the medical care we provide, benefiting patients for generations. To ensure we meet the wishes of our donors, our giving programs include careful planning and thorough consideration, as our knowledgeable fundraising staff consults with donors, their families, legal professionals and wealth advisors. Together, we’ll develop a plan for giving that aligns with your specific tax objectives and estate planning needs.
- Bequests: Maintain full control of your financial resources during your lifetime and reduce your taxable estate by including Shriners Children’s St. Louis in your will or living trust.
- Charitable Gift Annuities: Provide a lifetime income to you and/or a loved one and earn a current income tax deduction with a gift of cash or property.
- Gifts of Life Insurance: Earn an immediate income tax deduction and a possible premium deduction by designating Shriners Children’s St. Louis as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
- Gifts of Real Estate: Making a gift of real estate directly contributes to the Shriners Children’s mission. Gifts of real estate can be directed to Shriners Children’s locations in the United States. We can help ensure that your real estate assets have the greatest possible impact while also maximizing tax benefits. For more information, visit Real Estate Donations.
- Gifts of Retirement Plans: By naming Shriners Children’s St. Louis as the beneficiary of your retirement account, such as a 401(k) or IRA, you can avoid passing on heavy income and estate taxes to your heirs.
- Gifts of Stock: Shriners Children’s is able to offer our supporters an easy method to make stock donations in 10 minutes or less. You can now donate stock from your brokerage to Shriners Children’s through a secure portal, making the gifting process fast, safe and easy. If you would like to specifically designate Shriners Children's St. Louis when making your donation, please contact us for assistance.
- Endowments and Naming Gifts: Give your family name the opportunity to represent something special at Shriners Hospitals for Children. These giving opportunities are closely aligned with a donor’s interest such as building, room or equipment namings, program-specific namings or endowed academic chair namings.
- Cryptocurrency: Donors’ gifts change lives at Shriners Children’s, and crypto giving is a powerful way to make a difference and maximize your impact. Learn more about the tax advantages of cryptocurrency donations or, start giving today. For electronic transfer information, please contact email@example.com.
Proud Supporter Third-Party Fundraisers
Want to host your own event to raise money to support the amazing children we treat? We have hundreds of examples to help you, including car washes, tractor pulls, auctions, sporting events, raffles and more. Contact us for more information about how we may assist you. If you’re ready to go, answer some brief questions for our headquarters team to review. To talk to our staff, please call 314-413-3084.
Proud Supporter Web Page
You can create your own donation web page to support our efforts to care for children with orthopedic conditions. A donation web page is a great way to honor a friend, celebrate a special occasion or support a fundraising event. Get started today or call us for help in setting up your page.
Ways to Show Your Support
For almost 100 years, Shriners Children’s St. Louis has provided amazing care to more than 134,000 children with orthopedic conditions and bone diseases. Our world-renowned pediatric specialty care, innovative research and outstanding medical teaching programs led us to be ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of America’s top pediatric orthopedic hospitals. There are many ways you can partner with us and support our efforts to bring brighter tomorrows to kids from all over the country – and the world. Learn more about how you can help, and read below to learn about some of the programs you can support at Shriners Children’s St. Louis.
Each year, Shriners Children’s St. Louis identifies specific equipment needs that may not fit into a department’s operating budget. It can be a replacement item or a new state of the art piece of equipment. Our donors can help contribute to that specific need. Contact us at 314-692-6430 for more information on the special project needs at our hospital.
Heroes for Kids
This program honors donors giving significant gifts, starting at $10,000. As a Hero for Kids, your gift allows you to make a more substantial donation to name patient care and staff space within our state-of-the-art orthopedic hospital. These gifts are a tremendous help to allow our leadership to respond to changing patient and care needs. Contact us for more information on the variety of naming opportunities at our hospital.
KMOV Cares 4 Kids Telethon
For more than a decade, we have joined together with KMOV in St. Louis for a day of celebration. Through this effort, we are able to share with you the amazing stories of the life-changing care that happens daily in our hospital. The 2020 KMOV Cares telethon raised a record $155,000.
Learn more about the telethon and ways to donate.
Because of your faithful toy donations over the years, every child will continue to receive a gift when they awake from surgery throughout the coming year. We are now accepting small denomination gift card donations to help children and their families who visit the hospital. Suggested vendors include Wal-Mart, Amazon, Papa John’s, McDonald’s, Taco Bell, Target and Domino’s Pizza.
Give in Memory of a Loved One
You can send a tribute in memory or honor of a loved one or friend. We will mail a letter to the person who should know of your gift if you provide us with his or her name and address. Please know, gift amounts are not listed.
Call us at 314-692-6441 or mail your donation to:
Shriners Children’s St. Louis
Attn: Office of Philanthropy
4400 Clayton Ave. St. Louis, MO 63110
Donate Your Vehicle to Benefit Shriners Children's St. Louis
Your car donation can help transform children's lives. Each vehicle donated helps Shriners Children’s deliver exceptional healthcare. Please consider any vehicle, running or not, including cars, trucks, trailers, boats, RVs, motorcycles, campers, off-road vehicles, planes, heavy equipment, farm machinery, and most other motorized vehicles. The vehicle can be in any condition and picked up from any location. Your vehicle is towed at no cost to you. Complete the online vehicle donation form or call 833-SHC-KIDS (833-742-5437) seven days a week.
Learn more about the program. The process is easy, and your gift may qualify as a tax deduction.
Contact Us to Give
Contact Us to Give
Give By Mail: Mail your donations to:
Shriners Children’s St. Louis
Attn: Office of Philanthropy
4400 Clayton Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63110
Give by Phone: You can make your donation by phone from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 314-692-6441.
Meet Our Office of Philanthropy
We're always here for our patients, regardless of a family's ability to pay.
Keep In Touch
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on everything that's happening at Shriners Children's.