Families Come First at Shriners Children's St. Louis
Along with exceptional care for your child, we'll take good care of you, too. Be sure to take advantage of our amenities and services.
Your visit to the hospital is made easy with transportation services available from St. Louis Lambert International Airport, Ronald McDonald House and more. Learn more.
You can reassure and comfort your child by remaining close. A number of local overnight options are available. If you need assistance, please call 314-872-7806.
Food is available at 4400 Café, located on the first floor, and offers a variety of sandwiches, soup, salads, grab and go, beverages and snacks.
Monday through Friday: 6:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Breakfast is served from 6:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Lunch is available from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Apple Pay. Google Pay and Cash.
Vending machines are located in on the first floor by the café, and on the third floor in the laundry room.
If your child is a patient they will receive complimentary meals to suit their dietary needs from nutritional services.
We have a comfortable family gathering spot on our cozy third floor with toys, games and activities for kids of all ages, along with a dedicated staff trained to bring joy and comfort to your child.
If the weather is nice, be sure to visit our playground!
Complimentary Internet Access
Join our complimentary internet network and stay connected. Having trouble connecting? Ask any team member for help.
Parking is plentiful and complimentary. We also have a covered drop-off area by the front door to keep you and your child out of the elements.
Families in need of cash have 24-hour-a-day access to our ATM in the lobby by the café.
Our security team provides on-site service 24 hours a day. The security staff will escort you to the parking garage upon request. If you have safety concerns or would like a security escort, please call the security guard at 314-432-3600 or visit the main desk in the hospital lobby.
Our caring interpreters allow you to understand all aspects of your child’s care and help your child feel more comfortable. Call our care management team at 314-872-7806 prior to your appointment so we can make sure we have help by your side. Learn more about our interpreter services.
Friends and loved ones can send notes, cards and and gifts to:
Shriners Children's St. Louis
Attn: Inpatient Unit
4400 Clayton Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63110
Need to send mail while you're here? We have a mailbox at the hospital entrance.
Your Guide to Medical Transport
Here are a few things you can do/keep in mind to help your child's transportation go smoothly.
- Remain at your home hospital until the transport team arrives so you can fill out the necessary consent forms.
- Being separated from your child when they aren't well can be very stressful. Due to space limitations in transport vehicles, you may not be able to accompany the team during transport.
- You may follow in your personal vehicle but please don’t follow the ambulance closely. Keep a distance of at least 300 feet to avoid a hazardous situation for you and your child.
- Ask the social workers or discharge planners at your home hospital for assistance if you would like to arrange your transportation to Shriners Children’s St. Louis. If you will be driving yourself, here are directions to the hospital.
- Our pediatric social workers can provide counseling during this difficult time along with assistance with lodging and other issues. For help, just ask to speak with a social worker after arriving at the hospital.
- Upon their arrival, your child will be admitted. The hospital's main number is 314-432-3600.
We’re always here for our patients, regardless of a family's ability to pay or insurance status.
Let's Stay in Touch
Join our mailing list to keep up-to-date on all that's happening at Shriners Children's.