Your Donation Changes Children's Lives at Shriners Children’s Ohio
Shriners Hospitals for Children is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, commonly known as Shriners Children’s. Shriners Children's has been leading specialty pediatric healthcare since 1922. We deliver specialty pediatric care to children around the world, providing a comprehensive range of treatments and services that help improve the quality of children's lives and allow them to reach their full potential.
There are many reasons to make a charitable gift to Shriners Hospitals for Children – and your passion for helping children is likely at the top of that list. Friends like you make it possible for us to provide pediatric specialty care, regardless of the family's ability to pay or insurance status, today and for years to come.
Read on to learn how you can support Shriners Children's Ohio through ways that include planned giving, hosting and attending fundraising events, and participating in our community outreach.
Shriners Hospitals for Children has pressing needs to meet every day. When you give an outright financial gift, you make our current work possible and help to shape the future of healthcare for children with medical needs. Outright gifts include:
- Online donations via our donation site, LovetotheRescue.org
- Checks or other monetary gifts
Shriners Hospitals for Children is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law. Your generous gift directly helps support patient care at Shriners Children's Ohio.
Give through your workplace matching gift program.
At Shriners Hospitals for Children, planned giving ensures we can continue to provide the most amazing care anywhere for generations. When we know about your future intention, we can plan for your gift and all the good it can do.
Planned giving and other types of planned philanthropy advance our research and improve the medical care we provide, benefiting patients for generations. To ensure we meet the wishes of our donors, our giving programs include careful planning and thorough consideration, as our knowledgeable fundraising staff consults with donors, their families, legal professionals and wealth advisors. Together, we’ll develop a plan for giving that aligns with your specific tax objectives and estate planning needs.
- Bequests: Maintain full control of your financial resources during your lifetime and reduce your taxable estate by including Shriners Children’s Ohio in your will or living trust.
- Charitable Gift Annuities: Provide a lifetime income to you and/or a loved one and earn a current income tax deduction with a gift of cash or property.
- Gifts of Life Insurance: Earn an immediate income tax deduction and a possible premium deduction by designating Shriners Children’s Ohio as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
- Gifts of Real Estate: Making a gift of real estate directly contributes to the Shriners Children’s mission. Gifts of real estate can be directed to Shriners Children’s locations in the United States. We can help ensure that your real estate assets have the greatest possible impact while also maximizing tax benefits. For more information, visit Real Estate Donations.
- Gifts of Retirement Plans: By naming Shriners Children’s Ohio as the beneficiary of your retirement account, such as a 401(k) or IRA, you can avoid passing on heavy income and estate taxes to your heirs.
- Gifts of Stock: Shriners Children’s is able to offer our supporters an easy method to make stock donations in 10 minutes or less. You can now donate stock from your brokerage to Shriners Children’s through a secure portal, making the gifting process fast, safe and easy. If you would like to specifically designate Shriners Children's Ohio when making your donation, please contact us for assistance.
- Endowments and Naming Gifts: Give your family name the opportunity to represent something special at Shriners Hospitals for Children. These giving opportunities are closely aligned with a donor’s interest such as building, room or equipment namings, program-specific namings or endowed academic chair namings.
- Cryptocurrency: Donors’ gifts change lives at Shriners Children’s, and crypto giving is a powerful way to make a difference and maximize your impact. Learn more about the tax advantages of cryptocurrency donations or, start giving today. For electronic transfer information, please contact email@example.com.
Fundraisers and Special Events
You can become personally involved in raising funds for Shriners Children’s Ohio. Individuals, groups or businesses may organize fundraisers and special events by joining our Proud Supporter program. After filling out the approval form, you will be provided with a Proud Supporter Toolkit with tips, fundraising guidelines, pre-approved flyers, fundraising letters, pre-approved logo and other materials to help your event be successful. Get started on your Proud Supporter event.
Individuals or groups may also fundraise online by creating their own fundraising page. Learn more about fundraising programs.
Honor or Memorial Gifts
Donors may wish to create a tribute in memory or honor of a loved one or friend. Acknowledgment letters are mailed in keeping with IRS regulations. When next of kin and address information is provided, we will send notification letters them know gifts were made. For privacy reasons, the specific gift amount is not listed. You can make a tribute gift online or call the development office at 513-872-6029.
Donations of Toys, Crafts, Toiletries and Needed Other Items
Patients and families greatly appreciate your in-kind donations to help them while they are with us, transitioning back home or attending Camp Ytiliba. Currently, Shriners Children’s Ohio is only accepting gift cards. For more details, please contact the development office at 513-872-6029.
Donate Your Vehicle to Benefit Shriners Children's Ohio
Your car donation can help transform children's lives. Each vehicle donated helps Shriners Children’s deliver exceptional healthcare. Please consider any vehicle, running or not, including cars, trucks, trailers, boats, RVs, motorcycles, campers, off-road vehicles, planes, heavy equipment, farm machinery, and most other motorized vehicles. The vehicle can be in any condition and picked up from any location. Your vehicle is towed at no cost to you. Complete the online vehicle donation form or call 833-SHC-KIDS (833-742-5437) seven days a week. Learn more about the program. The process is easy, and your gift may qualify as a tax deduction.
More Ways to Give
Give By Check
Please make checks payable to: Shriners Children’s Ohio
Shriners Children’s Ohio
Attn: Office of Philanthropy
One Children’s Plaza – 2 West
Dayton, OH 45404
Give By Phone
Call the office of philanthropy at 513-872-6029.
Facilitating a corporate gift, matching gift or workplace giving program will lend valuable support to our hospital. For more information, please contact the office of philanthropy at 513-872-6029.
We’re always here for our patients, regardless of a family's ability to pay or insurance status.
Keep In Touch
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on everything that's happening at Shriners Children's.