Visit Shriners Children's Ohio
When visitors arrive, we're as happy to see them as the children are. Visitors can bring a smile to a patient's face and help them pass the time. But they can do more than that. Feeling supported by family and friends can also help enhance the healing process.
We ask that all guests, hospital visitors and family members join us in creating a positive environment where hope and healing meet.
We recognize that each family is unique and we welcome visits by the individuals you designate as family and friends. We do not restrict or deny visitation based on race, color, creed, sex or sect, disability, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Your Safety Remains a Top Priority
Shriners Children's Ohio is open and caring for patients with strict safety measures. We've resumed surgical care for pediatric patients, expanded clinic appointments and are accepting referrals for new patients and consultations.
To protect the health of patients, families and employees, we have adopted new safety measures:
- Restricting access to the facility. Only one adult is allowed to accompany each patient.
- Restricting visitors to the facility to one patient and one parent/guardian for outpatient visits and surgery.
- Restricting visitors to one patient and one parent/guardian at a time for inpatients. ID bands are given to identify two parents/guardians per child who will be allowed to visit at separate times throughout the stay.
- Requiring face shields and goggles to be worn by staff members when providing direct patient care or when in close contact with a parent/guardian.
- Screening patients, guests and employees for possible cold and flu-like symptoms and potential exposure to the virus. Temperatures are taken before entering the facility.
- Requiring face mask or cloth face coverings be worn in the facility. Individuals will be provided mask/covering if they don't have one.
- Giving a COVID-19 test to all patients 48 hours prior to surgery.
- Making pre-visit phone calls to continue to educate families on the rules we have in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. These calls include arranging for COVID-19 testing prior to surgery, reminder calls made at the time of testing, robocalls for clinic and surgery appointments and day-of screening.
- Practicing social distancing by requiring everyone to maintain a distance of at least six feet from others.
General Visiting Guidelines
To maintain a family-friendly, healing environment, we ask that all visitors respect the following guidelines:
We welcome one parent/guardian to be in the patient’s room around the clock. Your presence during your child’s stay at the hospital is very reassuring, so we encourage one parent/guardian to stay at the bedside. We provide a single cot, bed linens and shower facilities for the parent staying. For other family members who would like to stay close to the hospital during your child’s stay, your care manager can answer any questions you may have about housing in the area.
We understand that you may not be able to be here 24 hours a day, parents or guardians can designate someone over the age of 18 to provide support when they're unable to be here.
We respect the right of parents/guardians and adult patients to identify who may or may not visit.
- One visitor for ICU patients is permitted at a time in the patient room.
- All visitors must register at the security/information desk.
Family Care Arrangement
When rooming-in is not an option, we can offer alternate arrangements. The Ronald McDonald House is located directly across the street from the hospital, and we have arrangements with local hotels as well. We will gladly share information about these options with you.
One parent or guardian may accompany the child to their outpatient visit at this time.
All visitors must be healthy with no signs of fever, cold or other contagious illness.
Support During Your Time With Us
Let's Stay in Touch
Join our mailing list to keep up-to-date on all that's happening at Shriners Children's.