Visit Shriners Children's Texas
When visitors arrive, we're as happy to see them as the children are. Visitors can bring a smile to a patient's face and help them pass the time. But they can do more than that. Feeling supported by family and friends can also help enhance the healing process.
Parents and guardians can stay with their children 24 hours a day. General visitors hours are encouraged between the hours of 6 a.m. and 9 p.m. We ask that all guests, hospital visitors and family members join us in creating a positive environment where hope and healing meet.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Your Safety Remains a Top Priority.
Shriners Children's Texas is open and caring for patients with strict safety measures. We've resumed surgical care for pediatric patients, expanded clinic appointments and are accepting referrals for new patients and consultations.
Please review the CDC requirements, including accepted COVID-19 vaccines, for non-U.S. citizen, nonimmigrant passengers arriving from a foreign country to the United States by air.
To protect the health of patients, families and employees, we have adopted new safety measures:
- Restricting visitors to the facility to one patient and one parent/guardian for outpatient visits and surgery.
- Restricting visitors to two consistent visitors/caregivers per patient for inpatients only.
- Requiring face masks in the facility for all persons over the age of 2. Individuals will be provided mask/covering if they don't have one.
- Performing preoperative COVID-19 testing within 72 hours of a patient’s surgery.
- Requiring eye protection to be worn by staff members when providing direct patient care or when in close contact with a parent/guardian.
- Screening patients, guests and employees for possible cold and flu-like symptoms and potential exposure to the virus. Temperatures are taken before entering the facility.
- Making pre-visit phone calls to continue to educate families on the rules we have in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. These calls include arranging for COVID-19 testing prior to surgery, reminder calls made at the time of testing, robocalls for clinic and surgery appointments and day-of screening.
- Practicing social distancing by requiring everyone to maintain a distance of at least six feet from others.
General Visiting Guidelines
To maintain a family-friendly, healing environment, we ask that all visitors respect the following guidelines:
- All visitors must check in at the security desk in the hospital lobby where they will be given a visitor’s badge. Suggested visiting hours are 6 a.m.–9 p.m.
- Parents/guardians or their representatives (if the parent/guardian is absent) may visit 24 hours a day. We encourage one parent/guardian to stay at the bedside and we provide a single cot, bed linens and shower facilities in the patient’s room.
- Visitors under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult when visiting.
- Visitors known to be ill or who have been exposed to communicable diseases are not allowed to visit.
- Any restrictions on visiting hours will be fully explained to the patient and family and are determined with their participation.
- Visitors must leave the unit if requested by nursing personnel.
- Visitors are asked to respect patient confidentiality.
- All visitors must wash their hands when they enter the patient’s room and prior to leaving; nursing staff will share any additional infection control measures that may be necessary.
- Latex (rubber) balloons and/or fresh-cut flowers are not allowed in the building. Patients may receive Mylar balloons.
- Vending machines are available on the second floor and the cafeteria at your own expense for snacks and beverages.
- Shriners Children’s Texas is a tobacco-free facility. If you smoke or use other tobacco or smoking-related products, such as vapor or e-cigarettes, you must leave the grounds to do so.
- The use of alcohol is not allowed on our grounds.
Our café on the seventh floor serves breakfast and lunch every day and is open to our patients and families. Please make us aware of any food allergies or sensitivities that you, a family member or guest have so we can safely serve you. In addition, vending machines are available next to the café and on the second floor near the waiting room area, with a variety of options.
7:30 a.m.–9:30 a.m. (10 a.m. on Thursdays)
11:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
4 p.m.–6 p.m.
Weekends & Holidays
8:30 a.m.–10:30 a.m.
11:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
4 p.m.–6 p.m.
Vending machines are located in the second floor waiting room area floor and next to the café on the seventh floor. They are available 24 hours a day.
Support During Your Time With Us
Keep In Touch
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on everything that's happening at Shriners Children's.