Families Come First at Shriners Children’s Texas
Along with exceptional care for your child, we'll take good care of you, too. Be sure to take advantage of our amenities and services.
Your trip to the hospital is easy with transportation to and from the William P. Hobby Airport and George Bush Intercontinental Airport. Learn more.
Our caring interpreters allow you to understand all aspects of your child’s care and help your child to feel more comfortable when they know what to expect. Learn more about our interpreter services.
You can reassure and comfort your child by remaining close. We offer free accommodations for one caregiver. A number of local overnight options are listed below. If you need more information, please contact the housing and transportation department at 409-770-6645.
Contact each location directly with questions related to pricing.
Guest houses for families receiving medical care, with a referral from Shriners Children's Texas
Ronald McDonald House
301 14th Street
Hotels offering a discount with a referral from Shriners Children's Texas
Four Points by Sheraton
2300 Seawall Boulevard
Includes breakfast and complimentary shuttle to the hospital
Gaido’s Seaside Inn
3700 Seawall Boulevard
2825 61st Street
Hotels offering a "Shriners Rate" discount
Ask about the discount on the available room rate on the date of your stay. Please bring verification of your appointment.
Best Western Plus
102 Seawall Boulevard
110 Seawall Boulevard
Includes complimentary continental breakfast
Learn more about overnight and extended stay accommodations within the Shriners Children's healthcare system.
The Hospital Café is located on the seventh floor and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. Learn more about our food options.
You can access the internet through the Patient and Family Access Network (PFA). Just ask a staff member how to login in from your phone or personal computer.
Enjoy the hospital library on our third floor for access to books in English and Spanish.
Activities for Parents
With our family-centered approach, we organize activities specifically for parents, such as relaxation and support groups. Ask your care manager for details.
Our security team provides on-site service 24 hours a day. The security staff will escort you to the parking garage upon request. If you have safety concerns or would like a security escort, please call the security guard at ext. 6666, or visit the main desk in the hospital lobby.
Our parking lot is located behind the hospital and is monitored by our security team 24 hours a day.
Medical Transport for Your Child
If your child is being admitted to Shriners Children’s Texas, your doctor will select the best method of transport, which can include:
- Local ambulance service arranged by your child’s doctor.
- Airplane service using an air medical transport team.
- Commercial air or rail transportation for stable patients who are traveling from outside of the state or country.
For important information about what you can do before and after transport, read "Your Guide to Medical Transport" below.
Your Guide to Medical Transport
Here are a few things you can do/keep in mind to help your child's transportation go smoothly.
- Remain at your home hospital until the transport team arrives, so you can fill out the necessary consent forms.
- Being separated from your child when they aren't well can be very stressful. Due to space limitations in transport vehicles (whether a regular ambulance or an aircraft) you may not be able to accompany the team during transport.
- You may follow in your personal vehicle but please don’t follow the ambulance closely. Keep a distance of at least 300 feet to avoid a hazardous situation for you and your child.
- Ask the social workers or discharge planners at your home hospital for assistance if you would like to arrange your transportation to Shriners Children’s Texas. If you will be driving yourself, here are directions to the hospital.
- Our pediatric social workers can provide counseling during this difficult time, along with assistance with lodging and other issues. For help, just ask to speak with a social worker after arriving at the hospital.
- Upon their arrival, your child will be admitted. The hospital's main number is 409-770-6600.
We’re always here for our patients, regardless of a family's ability to pay or insurance status.
Let's Stay in Touch
Join our mailing list to keep up-to-date on all that's happening at Shriners Children's.