Visit Shriners Children's Philadelphia
When visitors arrive, we're as happy to see them as the children are. Visitors can bring a smile to a patient's face and help them pass the time. But they can do more than that. Feeling supported by family and friends can also help enhance the healing process.
We ask that all guests, visitors and family members join us in creating a positive environment where hope and healing meet.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Your Safety Remains a Top Priority.
Shriners Children's Philadelphia is open and caring for patients with strict safety measures. We've resumed surgical care for pediatric patients, expanded clinic appointments and are accepting referrals for new patients and consultations.
To protect the health of patients, families and employees, we have adopted new safety measures:
- Restricting access to the facility. Only one adult is allowed to accompany each patient.
- Restricting visitors to the facility to one patient and one parent/guardian for outpatient visits and surgery.
- Restricting visitors to one patient and one parent/guardian at a time for inpatients. ID bands are given to identify two parents/guardians per child who will be allowed to visit at separate times throughout the stay.
- Requiring face shields and goggles to be worn by staff members when providing direct patient care or when in close contact with a parent/guardian.
- Screening patients, guests and employees for possible cold and flu-like symptoms and potential exposure to the virus. Temperatures are taken before entering the facility.
- Requiring face mask or cloth face coverings be worn in the facility. Individuals will be provided mask/covering if they don't have one.
- Giving a COVID-19 test to all patients 48 hours prior to surgery.
- Making pre-visit phone calls to continue to educate families on the rules we have in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. These calls include arranging for COVID-19 testing prior to surgery, reminder calls made at the time of testing, robocalls for clinic and surgery appointments and day-of screening.
- Practicing social distancing by requiring everyone to maintain a distance of at least six feet from others.
General Visiting Guidelines
To maintain a family-friendly, healing environment, we ask that all visitors respect the following guidelines:
- Visitors are limited to one parent/guardian/caregiver per patient.
- No siblings are permitted at this time.
- All visitors must stop at the front desk in the lobby for a visitor sticker and to have their temperature taken.
- Visitors are asked to respect patient confidentiality.
- All visitors must wash their hands when they enter the patient’s room and prior to leaving. Nursing staff will share any additional infection control measures that may be necessary.
- Children in care facilities are more susceptible to infections; therefore, we ask visitors with a cold or infection to wait until the condition has improved before visiting.
- There is a nursing supervisor available at all times if you have any questions or concerns during your visit.
- Patients and visitors are not allowed to consume alcohol or smoke while staying at, or visiting the facility.
- Shriners Children's Philadelphia is a nonsmoking facility.
- Latex (rubber) balloons are not permitted in the building. Patients may only receive mylar balloons.
Our cafeteria serves breakfast, lunch and dinner every day and is open to our patients, families and visitors.
We have a set menu every day that includes snacks, beverages, sandwiches, salads and desserts at reasonable prices. Additional items can also be cooked to order.
To have a meal with your child, you may purchase your meal in the cafeteria and bring it to your child’s room. If your child is able, you may bring your child with you to the cafeteria. Please let the nursing staff know if you are interested in taking your child to the cafeteria.
Please make us aware of any food allergies or sensitivities that you, a family member or guest have so we can safely serve you.
7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Weekends & Holidays
8 a.m.–6 p.m.
7:30 a.m.–9:30 a.m.
11 a.m.–1:45 p.m.
5 p.m–6 p.m.
Weekends & Holidays
8 a.m.–9 a.m.
5 p.m–6 p.m.
Vending machines with a variety of beverages and light snack options are available 24 hours a day in the cafeteria.
A variety of restaurants and pizza shops are within walking distance and available for delivery to Shriners Children's Philadelphia. Please ask for a list at the nurse’s station on the fifth floor or at the front desk in the lobby.
Our cafeteria accepts cash, credit cards, Apple Pay and Google Pay. An ATM is available at the Boyer Pavilion located next door at Temple University Hospital if you need cash while at the hospital.
Support During Your Time With Us
Keep In Touch
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on everything that's happening at Shriners Children's.