Professional and Continuing Education Programs
All professional and continuing education programs organized by the Shriners Hospital in Sacramento are designed to ensure that best practices are passed on to those who will care for the most challenged among us. Programs include medical lectures, all-day seminars, nursing conferences and hands-on workshops.
Shriners Children's Northern California is a licensed continuing education provider. If you would like more information about upcoming programs, please contact the Staff Development Office at 916-453-2041 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Complete the form below to be added to our mailing list.
We have canceled our 2021 PediOrtho WEST Resident Education Course on October 9, 2021 due to COVID-19 risk and hospital protocols. We are hoping to reschedule this course in 2022 and will provide updates as more information is available. Thank you for registering for the course and we look forward to seeing you in 2022.
About the Course
Shriners Children's Northern California proudly invites orthopedic residents to participate in the PediOrtho WEST (Western Education & Surgical Techniques) Resident Education Course. Pediatric orthopedic surgeons from Northern California’s leading children’s hospitals will provide participants with early exposure to the field of pediatric orthopedics. Residents receive training in a variety of pediatric orthopedic surgical techniques through didactic instruction, case-based panel discussions and hands-on skills labs.
The course will be led by pediatric orthopedic surgeons from:
- Shriners Children's Northern California
- University of California, Davis
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital in San Francisco and Oakland
- Stanford University
- Valley Children’s Hospital
About the Faculty
- Jon Davids, M.D., Assistant Chief of Orthopedic Surgery, Shriners Children's Northern California; Professor of Orthopaedics, University of California, Davis
- Steven Frick, M.D., Chief Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine and Lucille Packard Children’s Hospital
- Mohammad Diab, M.D., Chief, Pediatric Orthopaedics, UCSF School of Medicine and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital – San Francisco
- Sanjeev Sabharwal, M.D., Chief, Pediatric Orthopaedics, UCSF School of Medicine and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital – Oakland
- Kerry Loveland, M.D., Medical Director Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, Valley Children’s HealthCare
Who Should Attend
- PGY 2 and PGY 3 Residents
Cost: No Course Fee
Thanks to FAP Ortho’s generous support, we are able to present this course free of charge and provide food and lodging at no cost to participants. Participants traveling from outside Northern California also are eligible for 50% reimbursement of coach airfare costs.
- Details to be announced
- Details to be announced
We are delighted to offer the course free of charge. However, our cancellation policy will be strictly enforced to ensure maximum participation. Written cancellations must be received by date TBD. This will give residents on the waiting list an opportunity to attend. Anyone who is a “no-show” without canceling in advance will be charged a $150 “registration” fee. For further information call 916-453-2041 or email email@example.com.
We Understand the Unique Medical Needs of Children
Keep In Touch
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on everything that's happening at Shriners Children's.