Professional and Continuing Education Programs
All professional and continuing education programs organized by the Shriners Hospital in Sacramento are designed to ensure that best practices are passed on to those who will care for the most challenged among us. Programs include medical lectures, all-day seminars, nursing conferences and hands-on workshops.
Shriners Children's Northern California is a licensed continuing education provider. If you would like more information about upcoming programs, please contact the Staff Development Office at 916-453-2041 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Complete the form below to be added to our mailing list.
2024 PediOrtho WEST | February 10, 2024
Shriners Children’s Northern California proudly invites orthopedic residents to participate in the PediOrtho WEST Resident Education Course. Pediatric orthopedic surgeons from California’s leading children’s hospitals will provide participants with early exposure to the field of pediatric orthopedics. Residents receive training in a variety of pediatric orthopedic surgical techniques through didactic instruction, case-based panel discussions and hands-on skills labs.
The course is led by pediatric orthopedic surgeons from:
- Shriners Children's Northern California
- University of California, Davis
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital in San Francisco and Oakland
- Stanford University
- Valley Children’s Hospital
- Children's Hospital LA
- Rady Children's Hospital
- Cedars Sinai Medical Center
- Jon R. Davids, M.D., Assistant Chief of Orthopedic Surgery, Shriners Children's Northern California; Professor of Orthopedics, University of California, Davis
- Vedant A. Kulkarni, M.D., Director of Orthopedic Education, Shriners Children's Northern California; Program Director, Shriners-UC Davis Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery Fellowship
The target audience is PGY2 and PGY3 residents, but residents at all levels can benefit from the course. Enrollment is limited to 30 residents. Acceptance is on a first-come, first-served basis. Thanks to an educational grant from the Foundation for Advancing Pediatric Orthopaedics, the course is presented free of charge, and food and lodging is provided at no cost to participants. A one-time deposit of $50 will be assessed upon registration to hold your spot. It will be refunded after your completion of the program.
We Understand the Unique Medical Needs of Children
Keep In Touch
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on everything that's happening at Shriners Children's.