All Visitors Must Be Vaccinated or Test Negative for Covid-19 72 Hours in Advance
A new health order from the State of California requires all visitors to provide either proof of full Covid-19 vaccination (completion of two (2) doses of a 2-dose vaccine or one (1) dose of a single dose vaccine) or present the negative results of an approved COVID-19 test that was taken within 72 hours of entering the building. This includes parents or guardians who are accompanying patients to outpatient appointments, inpatient hospitalizations or surgery, contractors, vendors, inspectors, donors, volunteers and all other guests.
Visitors will not be permitted to enter the hospital if they cannot produce proof of either full vaccination or negative COVID-19 test. All patients and visitors must wear a securely fitting surgical mask at all times. One may be provided if needed.
Shriners Children's Northern California does not offer COVID-19 vaccinations to the community. To find vaccination locations, visit www.vaccines.gov. To find locations for COVID-19 testing throughout Sacramento County, click here.
As a reminder, Shriners Hospitals for Children does not treat COVID-19. If your child is experiencing flu-like symptoms, please contact your pediatrician for instructions.
For questions regarding your visit, please call the appropriate contact below:
- Outpatient appointments: 916-453-2191
- Inpatient Visits: 916-208-0397
- General questions: 916-453-2000
The following safety measures remain in place:
- Patients who are outpatient visitors are restricted to one parent/guardian as their designated visitor.
- Patients who are admitted or having surgery are restricted to two parents/guardians as their designated visitors.
- We have restricted in-patients to one designated visitor at a time.
- Two designated visitors per child, who are parents/guardians, are given ID bands.
- For the duration of the patients’ stay, only those two designated visitors are allowed, one at a time.
- All patients and designated visitors are screened for illness.
- All patients and designated visitors are required to show proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test results within 72 hours of visit.
- Pre-visit calls are made by hospital staff to continue to educate families about guidelines and procedures in place to keep visitors safe. These calls include those to notify patients of COVID-19 testing prior to surgery, robo-calls ahead of clinic and surgery appointments and day of screening calls.
- Patients and visitors are required to practice social distancing by maintaining at least 6 feet from others at all times.
Support During Your Time With Us
Let's Stay in Touch
Join our mailing list to keep up-to-date on all that's happening at Shriners Children's.