Kathleen S. Romanowski, MD
- Burn Surgery
- Surgery Critical Care
Kathleen Romanowski, M.D., FACS, is a burn surgeon at Shriners Children's Northern California and assistant professor at the University of California, Davis School of Medicine. She completed fellowships in burn surgery and surgical critical care at UCDMC. She worked as clinical assistant professor at the University of Iowa Department of Surgery before returning to Sacramento to treat critical care needs of children and adults.
Dr. Romanowski's research interests include frailty of burn patients, the use of long-acting pain medications, and disparities in burn care. Her work has been published in the Journal of Pediatric Surgery, Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery, Journal of Burn Care & Research and other professional journals.
Dr. Romanowski is a member of the American Burn Association, American College of Surgeons, Society of Critical Care Medicine, Association of Academic Surgeons and Association of Women Surgeons.
Dr. Romanowski strives to provide comprehensive burn care from injury through reconstruction. She believes that while burn injury is life changing, people can recover from their injuries to lead happy and productive lives. In her spare time, she enjoys reading and knitting, as well as hiking and camping with her family on the weekends.
More About Me
- American Board of Surgery, General Surgery, Surgery - General
- American Board of Surgery, General Surgery, Surgical Critical Care
University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
University of Chicago Medical School
University of Chicago
United States of America
UC Davis Dept of Surgery
UC Davis Dept of Surgery
UC Davis Medical Center
- Member, Academic Burn Association
- Member, American College of Surgeons
- Member, Association of Academic Surgeons
- Member, Association of Women Surgeons
- Member, Editorial Board Journal of Burn Care and Research
- Member, Society of Critical Care Medicine
- 2017-Present: Member, Digital Media Editor, Editorial Board, Journal of Burn Care and Research
- 2016-Present: Member, Editorial Board, Burns Open Journal
- 2014, Off-Service Teacher of the Year Nominee, The Iowa Emergency Medicine Residency Program
- 2011, Outstanding Consultant of the Year Award, University of Chicago Emergency Medicine Residency
- 2010, First Place Resident Oral Presentation, Surgical Infection Society Annual Meeting
- 2010, Post-Graduate Award for Basic Science Research, 17th Annual Charles B. Huggins Research Symposium, University of Chicago
- 2006, Association for Academic Surgery Student Research Award, Alpha Omega Alpha
- Presentation: Monterrey Burn Conference, Monterrey, California - What is new in Pediatric Burn (8/2019)
- Presentation: American Burn Association 51st Annual Meeting, American Burn Association, Las Vegas, Nevada - Frailty Data Collection in the Burn ICU (04/2019)
- Presentation: American Burn Association 51st Annual Meeting, American Burn Association, Las Vegas, Nevada - Mentorship Plenary (04/2019)
About the Patient Experience Rating System
The Patient Rating score is an average of all responses to care provider related questions on our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.