Planning Your Visit to Shriners Children's Florida During the Pandemic
It is our mission to care for children, and we appreciate the trust you place in us, now more than ever. COVID-19 has presented some challenges and changed how we do some things – but we are still here, providing the most amazing care anywhere.
The health and safety of our patients and employees remain our top priority, so we have adopted several new safety measures for all visitors.
Due to the new safety measures, everyone who enters the building will need to:
- Wear a mask at all times while in the facility regardless of vaccination status (all visitors over the age of 2).
- If you do not have a mask, one will be provided. You will be required to cover your mouth and nose for proper face mask wearing.
- Upon entering the facility, be prepared for a screening.
- If anyone in the immediate household is sick or if they think they may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, they should reschedule their appointment.
- Maintain 6 feet of social distancing from others throughout the facility.
- Practice good hand hygiene: Wash your hands frequently, or use alcohol hand sanitizer available throughout the building.
It is crucial at this time to limit the number of people in and out of our building.
- Visitors are currently limited to include two parents/guardians/caregivers per patient.
- At this time, siblings are not permitted. We urge parents to make child care arrangements for siblings in advance of your visit.
- Please reschedule appointments for children who are quarantined due to exposure to COVID-19, whether at school or elsewhere in the community.
We are continuously reviewing processes and procedures.
- Implementation of a mandatory “universal masking” policy and daily health surveys for all staff, patients and facility visitors.
- Mandatory screeningsfor symptoms or potential COVID-19 exposure upon arrival.
- Installation of plexiglass at patient check-in/check-out windows.
- We recognize that some families will feel more comfortable continuing to limit exposure. We’re pleased to offer telehealth visits for patients who qualify for an in-home health screening. Ask your doctor if telehealth appointments might be the right choice for your family.
- Spacing out appointments to help maintain social distance for any in-person visits to our facility.
- Minimizing the use of waiting areas.
- Some activity areas of the facility have been changed to decrease the opportunity for exposure. Please feel free to bring your own items to keep your child occupied while waiting. Examples: tablet, coloring materials, small toys; please use your discretion.
As a reminder, Shriners Children's does not treat COVID-19. If your child is experiencing possible coronavirus symptoms, please contact your pediatrician for instructions.
We are committed to our mission to provide care regardless of families’ ability to pay or insurance status. Feel free to ask for information anytime during your visit or throughout the billing process.
If you have an upcoming appointment at ShrinersChildren's Florida and would like to discuss any symptoms or questions, please call 813-972-2250 and remain on the line for the operator.
Keep In Touch
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on everything that's happening at Shriners Children's.