Information for Patients & Families
When your child has a medical condition, you become an expert multi-tasker, caring for them and your family while getting questions answered and arranging for treatments and services. The compassionate staff of Shriners Children's Southern California supports you on that journey, with comprehensive, family-centered information, directions and care options.
Here, you’ll find some of the resources you need, so you can more clearly focus on your child's, and your own, well-being.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Your Safety Remains a Top Priority.
Shriners Children's Southern California is open and caring for patients with strict safety measures. We've resumed surgical care for pediatric patients, expanded clinic appointments and are accepting referrals for new patients and consultations.
To protect the health of patients, families and employees, we have adopted new safety measures:
- Requiring face mask or cloth face coverings be worn in the facility. Individuals will be provided mask/covering if they don't have one.
- Restricting visitors to the facility to one patient and one parent/guardian for outpatient/clinic visits and surgery.
- Screening patients, guests and employees for possible cold and flu-like symptoms and potential exposure to the virus. Temperatures are taken before entering the facility.
- ID badges are given to identify one parent/guardian per child.
- Requiring face shields to be worn by staff members when providing direct patient care or when in close contact with a parent/guardian.
- Practicing social distancing by requiring everyone to maintain a distance of at least six feet from others.
- Giving a COVID-19 test to all patients prior to surgery.
How can we assist?
Our experienced staff is available to assist you.
We can answer your questions and put your mind at ease. All care and services are provided regardless of a family's ability to pay or insurance status.
Coming from outside the U.S.? Our knowledgeable staff will help you with the details.