Your Donation Changes Children's Lives at Shriners Children’s Southern California
Shriners Hospitals for Children is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, commonly known as Shriners Children’s. Shriners Children's has been leading specialty pediatric healthcare since 1922. We deliver specialty pediatric care to children around the world, providing a comprehensive range of treatments and services that help improve the quality of children's lives and allow them to reach their full potential.
There are many reasons to make a charitable gift to Shriners Hospitals for Children – and your passion for helping children is likely at the top of that list. Friends like you make it possible for us to provide pediatric specialty care, regardless of the family's ability to pay or insurance status, today and for years to come.
Read on to learn how you can support Shriners Children's Southern California through ways that include planned giving, hosting and attending fundraising events, and participating in our community outreach.
Shriners Hospitals for Children has pressing needs to meet every day. When you give an outright financial gift, you make our current work possible and help to shape the future of health care for children with medical needs. Outright gifts include:
- Online donations via our donation site, LovetotheRescue.org
- Checks or other monetary gifts mailed to:
Shriners Children's Southern California
Office of Development
909 S. Fair Oaks Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91105
Shriners Hospitals for Children is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law. Your generous gift directly helps support patient care at Shriners Children's Southern California.
Give through your workplace matching gift program.
At Shriners Hospitals for Children, planned giving ensures we can continue to provide the most amazing care anywhere for generations. When we know about your future intention, we can plan for your gift and all the good it can do.
Planned giving and other types of planned philanthropy advance our research and improve the medical care we provide, benefiting patients for generations. To ensure we meet the wishes of our donors, our giving programs include careful planning and thorough consideration, as our knowledgeable fundraising staff consults with donors, their families, legal professionals and wealth advisors. Together, we’ll develop a plan for giving that aligns with your specific tax objectives and estate planning needs.
- Bequests: Maintain full control of your financial resources during your lifetime and reduce your taxable estate by including Shriners Children’s Southern California in your will or living trust.
- Charitable Gift Annuities: Provide a lifetime income to you and/or a loved one and earn a current income tax deduction with a gift of cash or property.
- Gifts of Life Insurance: Earn an immediate income tax deduction and a possible premium deduction by designating Shriners Children’s Southern California as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
- Gifts of Real Estate: Transfer the burden of managing a property and the expense of taxes with a gift of real estate.
- Gifts of Retirement Plans: By naming Shriners Children’s Southern California as the beneficiary of your retirement account, such as a 401(k) or IRA, you can avoid passing on heavy income and estate taxes to your heirs.
- Gifts of Stock or Electronic Cash Transfers: Our Development Office works in partnership with individuals and their financial institutions for these transactions.
- Endowments and Naming Gifts: Give your family name the opportunity to represent something special at Shriners Hospitals for Children. These giving opportunities are closely aligned with a donor’s interest such as building, room or equipment namings, program-specific namings or endowed academic chair namings.
Learn more about these planned giving areas.
For more information about donating today or planned giving areas for the benefit of Shriners Children’s Southern California, please contact:
Aaron Hanson, Director of Development
Joanne David, Associate Director of Development
Individuals, groups or businesses may organize fundraisers and special events. These groups may also fundraise online by creating a fundraising page. For more details on how to start an online fundraising campaign, click here.
Fundraisers, Special Events or In-kind Donations
For more information about fundraisers, special events or in-kind donations, please contact the development office at 626-389-9561 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate Your Vehicle to Benefit Shriners Children's Southern California
Your car donation can help transform children's lives. Each vehicle donated helps Shriners Children’s deliver exceptional healthcare. Please consider any vehicle, running or not, including cars, trucks, trailers, boats, RVs, motorcycles, campers, off-road vehicles, planes, heavy equipment, farm machinery and most other motorized vehicles. The vehicle can be in any condition and picked up from any location. Your vehicle is towed at no cost to you. Complete the online vehicle donation form or call 833-SHC-KIDS (833-742-5437) seven days a week. Learn more about the program. The process is easy, and your gift may qualify as a tax deduction.
Shop with AmazonSmile
You can support Shriners Hospitals for Children just by doing your regular Amazon shopping at smile.amazon.com. When you select Shriners Hospitals for Children as your Amazon Smile charity, Amazon will donate .5% of the of the eligible purchases to Shriners Hospitals for Children.
We’re always here for our patients, regardless of a family's ability to pay or insurance status.
Keep In Touch
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on everything that's happening at Shriners Children's.