Your Donation Changes Children's Lives at Shriners Children’s Shreveport
Shriners Hospitals for Children is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, commonly known as Shriners Children’s. Shriners Children's has been leading specialty pediatric healthcare since 1922. We deliver specialty pediatric care to children around the world, providing a comprehensive range of treatments and services that help improve the quality of children's lives and allow them to reach their full potential.
There are many reasons to make a charitable gift to Shriners Hospitals for Children – and your passion for helping children is likely at the top of that list. Friends like you make it possible for us to provide pediatric specialty care, regardless of the family's ability to pay or insurance status, today and for years to come.
Read on to learn how you can support Shriners Children's Shreveport through ways that include planned giving, hosting and attending fundraising events, and participating in our community outreach.
Shriners Hospitals for Children has pressing needs to meet every day. When you give an outright financial gift, you make our current work possible and help to shape the future of healthcare for children with medical needs. Outright gifts include:
- Online donations via our donation site, LovetotheRescue.org
- Checks or other monetary gifts
Shriners Hospitals for Children is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law. Your generous gift directly helps support patient care at Shriners Children's Shreveport.
At Shriners Hospitals for Children, planned giving ensures we can continue to provide the most amazing care anywhere for generations. When we know about your future intention, we can plan for your gift and all the good it can do.
Planned giving and other types of planned philanthropy advance our research and improve the medical care we provide, benefiting patients for generations. To ensure we meet the wishes of our donors, our giving programs include careful planning and thorough consideration, as our knowledgeable fundraising staff consults with donors, their families, legal professionals and wealth advisors. Together, we’ll develop a plan for giving that aligns with your specific tax objectives and estate planning needs.
- Bequests: Maintain full control of your financial resources during your lifetime and reduce your taxable estate by including Shriners Children’s Shreveport in your will or living trust.
- Charitable Gift Annuities: Provide a lifetime income to you and/or a loved one and earn a current income tax deduction with a gift of cash or property.
- Gifts of Life Insurance: Earn an immediate income tax deduction and a possible premium deduction by designating Shriners Children’s Shreveport as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
- Gifts of Real Estate: Making a gift of real estate directly contributes to the Shriners Children’s mission. Gifts of real estate can be directed to Shriners Children’s locations in the United States. We can help ensure that your real estate assets have the greatest possible impact while also maximizing tax benefits. For more information, visit Real Estate Donations.
- Gifts of Retirement Plans: By naming Shriners Children’s Shreveport as the beneficiary of your retirement account, such as a 401(k) or IRA, you can avoid passing on heavy income and estate taxes to your heirs.
- Gifts of Stock: Shriners Children’s is able to offer our supporters an easy method to make stock donations in 10 minutes or less. You can now donate stock from your brokerage to Shriners Children’s through a secure portal, making the gifting process fast, safe and easy. If you would like to specifically designate Shriners Children's Shreveport when making your donation, please contact us for assistance.
- Endowments and Naming Gifts: Give your family name the opportunity to represent something special at Shriners Hospitals for Children. These giving opportunities are closely aligned with a donor’s interest such as building, room or equipment namings, program-specific namings or endowed academic chair namings.
- Cryptocurrency: Donors’ gifts change lives at Shriners Children’s, and crypto giving is a powerful way to make a difference and maximize your impact. Learn more about the tax advantages of cryptocurrency donations or, start giving today. For electronic transfer information, please contact email@example.com.
Individuals, groups or businesses may organize fundraisers and special events. These groups may also fundraise online by creating a fundraising page. Learn more about how to start an online fundraising campaign.
Our annual gala combines donor recognition, patient stories, and opportunities for giving in an elegant, lively atmosphere. The event features live music and gourmet cuisine, with live and silent auctions offering enticing opportunities for guests. Our engaging stage program includes the presentation of our Dreamer awards, which each year recognize two individuals, organizations or businesses who have made outstanding contributions to Shriners Children’s Shreveport. The gala is highlighted by compelling testimonials from Shriners Children’s patients and families past and present. To learn more about our gala, auctions or other special events, email us or call 318-226-4272.
Our commemorative bricks provide an opportunity to support patient programs at Shriners Children’s Shreveport while leaving a lasting impression! Our brick program allows donors to leave their mark, honor a relative or friend, or memorialize a loved one. Each 4”x8” brick can be engraved with up to three lines of text, and an 8”x8” brick provides room for six lines. These bricks will be placed as part of a nature walk around the campus of Shriners Children’s Shreveport and used to beautify other areas of our grounds. To learn more, email us or call 318-226-4272.
Donations of Toys, Crafts, Toiletries, and Other Items
Patients and families greatly appreciate your in-kind donations to help them while they are with us or transitioning back home.
Donations are accepted weekdays from 9 a.m.–4 p.m. Please call us at 318-226-4272 if you need more information about delivering your donation, or if you are bringing a large donation of 50 items or more. Larger deliveries require an appointment.
For more information about fundraisers, special events or in-kind donations, please contact:
Donate Your Vehicle to Benefit Shriners Children's Shreveport
Your car donation can help transform children's lives. Each vehicle donated helps Shriners Children’s deliver exceptional healthcare. Please consider any vehicle, running or not, including cars, trucks, trailers, boats, RVs, motorcycles, campers, off-road vehicles, planes, heavy equipment, farm machinery, and most other motorized vehicles. The vehicle can be in any condition and picked up from any location. Your vehicle is towed at no cost to you. Complete the online vehicle donation form or call 833-SHC-KIDS (833-742-5437) seven days a week. Learn more about the program. The process is easy, and your gift may qualify as a tax deduction.
We’re always here for our patients, regardless of a family's ability to pay or insurance status.
Keep In Touch
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on everything that's happening at Shriners Children's.