Yashar Javidan, MD
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Growing up in Tehran, Yashar Javidan, M.D., saw the impact of spinal deformity care for the first time while accompanying his father (an American-trained pediatric deformity surgeon) on the weekend hospital rounds.
He kept his focus through medical school, residency and fellowship on the ultimate goal of becoming a deformity spinal surgeon.
Shriners Children's allows Dr. Javidan to care for children with spine disorders from a multitude of backgrounds and from around the world. Dr. Javidan says it is the most fulfilling job he could ever ask for.
More About Me
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery - General
Chicago Medical School
North Chicago, IL
Los Angeles, CA
UC Davis Medical Center
- Associate Professor, Orthopedic surgery, UC Davis Health
- Associate Professor, Orthopedic Surgery, Shriners Children's
- Director, Spine Fellowship
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow, Scoliosis Research Society
- AO Spine Faculty
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Speaker: 9th Annual Instituto de Patologia da Coluna (IPC: institute of Pathology of the Spinal Column) - The Aging Spine; Anterior Osteotomies for Flat Back; Minimally Invasive Corpectomy of the Thoracolumbar Junction; Minimally Invasive Techniques in the Treatment of Spinal Osteoporotic Compression Fractures; Complex Case Study - Cervical Spine
- Lecture: Grand Rounds, Tripler Air Force Base - Orthopaedic Spine Infection and Osteomyelitis (04/30/2020)
- Lecture: Grand Rounds, University of California, Davis, School of Medicine - Minimally Invasive Approach to the Thoraco-Lumbar Spine (10/25/2016)
About the Patient Experience Rating System
The Patient Rating score is an average of all responses to care provider related questions on our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.