Ryan D. Muchow, MD
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Ryan Muchow, M.D., is a pediatric orthopedic specialist at Shriners Children's Lexington.
Areas of special interest for Dr. Muchow include all aspects of pediatric orthopedics, but specifically hip preservation and scoliosis.
He is also an assistant professor of pediatrics at the University of Kentucky College of Medicine.
Dr. Muchow earned his medical degree from the University of Wisconsin – Madison, and completed an orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Wisconsin and a fellowship in pediatric orthopedics and scoliosis at the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children.
Dr. Muchow has worked at Shriners Children's Lexington since 2012, and said he loves working here because of "the kiddos"! "It is such a privilege to have the opportunity to serve the children at Shriners Children's. The individuals that make up our team are incredible at providing care to children with pediatric orthopedic conditions. It is this dedication and excellence of craft that allows us to meet every child and family at their position of specific need. That is wildly awesome and makes working at Shriners the absolute best," he said.
In his free time, Dr. Muchow likes to spend time with his wife and their four children. They enjoy serving their community, traveling, playing sports, eating pizza, camping, hiking and bonfires, with marshmallows included.
More About Me
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery - General
University of Wisconsin
University of Wisconsin
Texas Scottish Rite Hosp for Children
United States of America
UKMC Dept of Orthopaedics
- 2014-Present: Scoliosis Research Society
- 2011-Present: Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- 2006-Present: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- 2002-Present: Christian Medical and Dental Association
- 2010-2014: American Orthopaedic Association
- 2018-Present: Editorial Board Member, The Journal of the Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America (JPOSNA)
- 2014-Present: Editorial Board Member, Pediatric Orthopedics/Frontiers
- 2015-2016, 2019-2020, Thomas D. Brower, MD Orthopaedic Excellence in Teaching Award, University of Kentucky Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- 2015-2016, UK Faculty of the Year Award, University of Kentucky Family and Community Medicine Department
- 2010, Third Place, Resident Most Outstanding Paper Award, Wisconsin Orthopaedic Society
- 2009, Best Orthopaedic Resident Teacher, Class of 2009, University of Wisconsin Medical School
- 2009, Second place, Resident Most Outstanding Paper Award, Wisconsin Orthopaedic Society
About the Patient Experience Rating System
The Patient Rating score is an average of all responses to care provider related questions on our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.