Pei-Yuan Tsou, MD, FAAP
Pei-Yuan Tsou, M.D., FAAP, was born in Taipei, Taiwan and is a graduate of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with a Bachelor of Science in psychology and Master of Arts in political science. She obtained her medical degree at the Chicago Medical School of Rosalind Franklin University. She completed her pediatric residency training at the University of Illinois at Chicago as a Global Health and Community Health and Advocacy Track (CHAT) scholar.
Dr. Tsou works as a pediatric hospitalist, specifically caring for sick children with medical and surgical needs when they are admitted to the hospital. Dr. Tsou's passion is motivated by the bonds she builds with the children, learning and listening to their unique needs and laughing at their hilarious conversations when children say the cutest, darndest things. She enjoys all aspects of pediatric care and loves the dramatic improvements that children often make during the course of their hospitalizations. She has an interest in global health and has provided care in India, Guatemala and Dominca. She firmly believes in community and civic engagement and has worked with local elected officials in Illinois, Texas and Washington D.C. to advocate for policies aiming to improve children's health and well-being. She has published in the Journal of Pediatrics and presented at the annual meetings of the American Academy of Pediatrics and Pediatric Academic Society.
In her free time, Dr. Tsou enjoys travelling, playing volleyball, skiing and spending time outdoors with her family. She is fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English.
More About Me
- American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatrics, Pediatrics - General
Rosalind Franklin University
North Chicago, IL
United States of America
University of Illinois @ Chicago
University of Illinois @ Chicago
- 2014-Present: Member, American Academy of Pediatrics
- 2019, Wolf and Kettle Teaching Award, Loyola University Chicago
- 2017, Outstanding Research Awards, Department of Pediatrics, UIC
- 2017, Outstanding Senior Teaching Award, Department of Pediatrics, UIC
- 2017, Community Health and Advocacy Track Scholar, Department of Pediatrics, UIC
- 2017, Global Health Track Scholar, Department of Pediatrics, UIC
- Presentation: Academic Pediatric Association Regional Meeting, Indianapolis, Indiana - Newborn Nursery Discharge Instructions: A Quality Improvement Project That Aimed to Improve Caregivers' Satisfaction and Knowledge (03/2017) Tsou, P., Chon, A., Kreppel, A.
- Presentation: American Thoracic Society International Conference, San Francisco, California - Patient Centered Packaging: Patients and Providers Prefer Color-Coded Labeling of Metered Dose Inhalers (05/2016) Tsou, P., Ronayne, J., Kumar, H.
- Presentation: Association of Pediatric Program Directors Annual Spring Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana - Pediatricians Educating Kids about Gun Violence Preventing Inner City Youth Violence Through Community Collaboration and Outreach (04/2016) Tsou, P., Barnes, M.
About the Patient Experience Rating System
The Patient Rating score is an average of all responses to care provider related questions on our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.