Joe E. Gordon, MD
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Growing up with bilateral clubfeet, J. Eric Gordon, M.D., has always been associated with orthopedic surgeons in the work that they do. In particular, he has had first-hand experience seeing what orthopedic surgery can do for children. When in medical school, Dr. Gordon had a strong interest in orthopedics, which only continued to increase as he approached graduation.
Just prior to graduation, Dr. Gordon's first daughter was born with a club foot. Watching her treatment as he went through orthopedic residency gave him a unique insight into the things that physicians can do and their impact on the family.
During his orthopedic residency, Dr. Gordon was drawn to lower extremity deformities in the developing science of limb reconstruction. He chose to do a pediatric orthopedic fellowship at Shriners Children's St. Louis. Working with children through the trainer system gave him a deep appreciation for the needs that many families have for continued medical care in the absence of resources. Dr. Gordon felt privileged to be able to help care for these children and give families hope. This has led to his interest in international orthopedic outreach and continued work with underprivileged families in an international setting. In particular, over the last 10 years, we've developed an outreach in the Eastern Caribbean. Through this outreach we've operated on numerous children in the eastern Caribbean and also been able to arrange for others to come to the United States for advanced orthopedic care. Dr. Gordon says it has been a real privilege to be able to work with these families and it continues to be a real joy.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
More About Me
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery - General
University of California Davis-School of Medicine
Creighton-Nebraska Health Foundation
Shriners Hospitals for Children - St. Louis
St. Louis, MO
United States of America
Washington University Orthopedic Surgery
- 2014: Co-Chair, POSNA International Education Committee
- 2012-2013: Member, POSNA Disaster Response Committee
- 2012-2013: Member, POSNA Global Courses Committee
- 2011-2013: Program Chair, Orthopedic Section, AAP
- 2010-2012: Chair, POSNA Trauma and Prevention Committee
- 2008-2013: Executive Committee, Orthopedics Section, AAP
- 2009-Present: Reviewer, JBJS-A
- 2019-Present: Reviewer, Journal of Children's Orthopaedics
- 2007-Present, Best Doctors in America
- Visiting Professorship: Juan P. Garrahan Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina - Analysis of Deformities (7/2019)
- Conference Presentation: Argentine Pediatric Orthopaedic Society - Treatment of Pediatric Hypertrophic Nonunions using Distraction Osteogenesis (9/2018)
- Conference Presentation: Argentine Pediatric Orthopedic Society - Limb Lengthening in Children using Self-Lengthening Intramedullary Nails (9/2018)
- Outreach Meeting: SLAOTI/POSNA - Coronal and Sagittal Lower Extremity Deformity Analysis Sao Paulo, Brazil (10/2017)
- Sheffield Pediatric Orthopedic and Trauma Course, Sheffield, England - Pediatric Femur Fractures (5/2016)
About the Patient Experience Rating System
The Patient Rating score is an average of all responses to care provider related questions on our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.