Brian M. Haus, MD
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Brian Haus, M.D., is a pediatric orthopedic surgeon and sports medicine specialist with Shriners Children's Northern California. Dr. Haus is a native of Sacramento and is dedicated to providing world-class care to children in his community.
After graduating from Stanford, Dr. Haus completed residency at the Harvard Orthopedic Residency Program. This was followed by a two year-long fellowships at Boston Children's Hospital/Harvard Medical School; one in pediatric orthopedic surgery and another in pediatric and adolescent sports medicine.
Currently, he is the only board-certified pediatric orthopedist in Northern California who is also double board certified in sports medicine. As such, he has expertise in managing the most complex sports injuries affecting young athletes. He is also one of the only surgeons in the U.S. who is trained and experienced in both arthroscopic and open hip preservation.
He has extensive experience in treating traumatic fractures and sports injuries of the hip, shoulder, knee and ankle in adolescents and children using open and arthroscopic techniques, including cartilage restoration. He also performs hip preservation surgery in young patients with complex hip disorders, including hip arthroscopy, periacetabular osteotomy (PAO) and open surgical dislocation.
In addition to serving as chief of pediatric orthopedic surgery at UC Davis, Dr. Haus is also an associate professor of orthopedic surgery at the UC Davis School of Medicine. He is also co-director of pediatric sports medicine and joint preservation at Shriners Children's Northern California.
More About Me
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery - General
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine
Brigham & Women's Hospital
Harvard School of Medicine
Boston Children's Hospital
Boston Children's Hospital
UC Davis Medical Center
- 2021-Present: Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- 2021-Present: Member, American College of Surgeons
- 2021-Present: Member, American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine
- 2021-Present: Member, Orthopedic Research and Education Foundation
- 2021-Present: Member, Orthopaedic Research Society
- 2010-2011, Von Meyer Award, Boston Children's Hospital
- 2009, Clinician Scientist Development Program Award, Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation/Orthopaedic Research Society
- 2003, Lucas Foundation Research Fellowship, Stanford University
About the Patient Experience Rating System
The Patient Rating score is an average of all responses to care provider related questions on our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.