Shriners Hospitals for Children Magazine Features Salt Lake City Hospital
Leaders in Care Brings Latest on Generous Donors, Resilient Kids, New Technologies
Shriners Hospitals for Children — Salt Lake City is pleased to share the latest edition of Leaders in Care – a quarterly national magazine published by Shriners Hospitals for Children that shares compelling content about our world-class care.
The Winter 2020 edition, titled Heroes of Hope, focuses on patients of Shriners Hospitals for Children facing challenges with superhero strength. The issue brings readers the latest and greatest on all the Shriners Hospital locations.
Content specific to the Salt Lake City Shriners Hospital that touches upon key areas of focus at this location:
- Page 3: Edgar Pays Tribute to the Women Who Care for Him – A patient honors Kristen L. Carroll, M.D., and Crystal Haakenson, D.P.T., his physical therapist.
- Pages 10-11: Putting Wheels in Motion – The wheelchair, seating and mobility department partners with the motion analysis center to bring mobility to our youngest babies.
- Page 12: “Taking on the role of seamstress” – Care manager Margaret Pedicini donates masks – see Pg. 13 for more local mentions related to mask donations.
- Page 14: Let’s Play – There is a mention of our amazing adaptive bike program.
- Page 20 and 22: A Gift of Gratitude Across Generations, and Planned Giving Helps Support Shriners Hospitals - We are so grateful for our generous donors.
- Back page: We won two Press Ganey awards!
Leaders in Care includes compelling national content about the health care system as a whole, as well as stories on the other locations throughout the system. Enjoy learning more about world-class care available regardless of ability to pay at the Shriners Hospitals for Children locations throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Learn more about Leaders in Care magazine and view past issues.
To join the Leaders in Care mailing list, email Dawn Wright, director of marketing and communications at the Salt Lake City location.
Keep In Touch
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on everything that's happening at Shriners Children's.