Updates at the Philadelphia Shriners Hospital During the Pandemic
It is essential to once again make some changes due to the most recent surge to help ensure safety proactively. Effective Monday, November 23, and will remain in effect until further notice:
It is crucial at this time to limit the number of people in and out of our building.
- We have updated to allow one parent/guardian/caregiver per patient.
- At this time, siblings are not permitted.
As a reminder, the following safety measures are in place:
- Wear a mask while in the hospital.
- If you do not have a mask, it will be provided. You will need to cover your mouth and nose to be wearing the face mask properly.
- Children under age 2 will not be required to wear a mask.
- Upon entering the hospital, visit the nurse to answer questions and get your temperature taken.
- Maintain 6 feet of social distancing from others throughout the facility.
- Practice good hand hygiene.
- Elevator usage guidelines:
- Hospital: only 3 people per elevator.
- Garage: only 2 people per elevator.
- No changes to the fracture clinic, we will continue to see patients from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Flow changes for patients, families and staff members throughout the building to help maintain social distance.
- Some activity areas of the hospital have been changed to accommodate the flow changes. Please feel free to bring your own items to keep your child occupied while waiting. Examples: tablet, coloring materials, small toys. Please use your discretion.
- If you have an upcoming appointment at the Philadelphia Shriners Hospital and would like to discuss any symptoms or questions, please call 215-430-4000 and remain on the line for the operator.
- We’re ready to care for your child safely. Thank you for your attention to these changes and our priority to keep everyone safe.
Keep In Touch
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on everything that's happening at Shriners Children's.