Care Management Week 2020!
This week, we celebrate our care managers! It is National Case Management Week (October 11-17).
We call them “care managers” at Shriners Hospitals , and they are the voice of your child and family, ensuring their choices are respected and their quality of life is maintained. Through the care manager’s advocacy efforts, children are able to get back to being kids again.
The care management team consists of registered nurses, resource navigators and social workers. The registered nurses work with your physician to plan the care for your child. The social workers and resource navigators assist with transportation, housing, community resources and financial counseling, as well as patient and family resources. Some of the ways the care management team can help are:
- Coordinating family-centered care for your child with Shriners Hospitals for Children — Spokane and community providers, including your child’s primary care physician
- Providing information and education about your child’s health condition and plan for care
- Integrating inpatient and outpatient services
- Providing information about growth and development
- Providing information about services and resources within your child's community
- Helping to plan future care needs
- Helping with discharge planning
Pictured is the amazing care management team at the Spokane Shriners Hospital. Together, they make our hospital a better place for all.
Thank you to all of our care management teams across our Shriners Hospitals for Children system!
Let's Stay in Touch
Join our mailing list to keep up-to-date on all that's happening at Shriners Children's.