COVID-19 Update: State Transition to 'Phase 3'
Two Parents or Guardians Now Permitted to Accompany Patient
On September 11, the state of Louisiana transitioned to "Phase 3" reopening of the state economy. The move eases certain restrictions on businesses throughout the state, and loosens gathering capacity limitations. Current restrictions on health care institutions in the state, which are imposed by the Louisiana Department of Health, remain unaffected at this time.
While previously implemented COVID-related safety measures remain fully in effect at our facility, effective September 18, the Shreveport Shriners Hospital will permit up to two parents OR two guardians to accompany a child to their appointment. Additional siblings or other guests remain unable to enter the building at this time.
Current/additional COVID-19-related safety measures include:
- Masking and temperature checks remain mandatory for all individuals entering the building. Patients and family members without a mask will be provided one prior to entering the building.
- While two parents or two guardians may now accompany a child, no additional family members or guests are allowed in the hospital building at this time.
- Our social distancing policy (6 feet of distance between child/family and others) remains in effect for all individuals in all areas of the hospital.
- Seating in our outpatient clinic has been modified to allow for social distancing. Additional seating for families is available in the auditorium adjacent to the outpatient waiting area.
- Our cafeteria is open to children and their parents/guardians visiting for in-person appointments. Entry to our serving area will be limited to three individuals or families at one time to allow for social distancing. Families are welcome to eat in our front dining area, which has been reconfigured to allow for social distancing. We ask that families not move tables or chairs from their current arrangement.
- These COVID-19-related safety measures will remain in place until further notice.
For questions or concerns regarding appointments, please call our scheduling line at 318-226-3313. We thank our patients, families and friends for their continued understanding and support.
Keep In Touch
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on everything that's happening at Shriners Children's.