Latest COVID-19 Updates from the Shreveport Shriners Hospital
Restrictions on Outpatient Care Lifted, Elective Surgeries Resume
Effective June 5, the state of Louisiana has moved to "Phase 2" of reopening the state economy. As a result of the transition, certain restrictions that had previously limited care at the Shreveport Shriners Hospital have been lifted. As we begin to welcome more families back into our hospital over the coming weeks, we would like to convey the following information regarding both the resumption of services as well as COVID-19-related safety measures that remain in effect at our facility.
Updates regarding resumption of services:
- With the approval of the Louisiana Department of Health, outpatient clinic appointments have resumed for the majority of both new and existing patients. Our scheduling team is currently reaching out to families who have previously experienced postponement of their appointments in order to schedule new visits.
- While in-house outpatient appointments have resumed, we continue to offer our Fast Track Video Visits (FTVV) to families for whom travel is difficult or who are otherwise unable to enter the hospital. For inquiries regarding our FTVV program, please call 318-226-4283.
- The transition to Phase 2 has also lifted restrictions on elective surgeries and inpatient stays. Our team is currently reaching out to families who have experienced postponement of surgery in order to reestablish these surgery dates. New appointments for surgery are now being scheduled via each of our service lines (orthopaedic care, cleft lip and palate, sports medicine and spine care).
- Care for children with fractures and other orthopaedic injuries was not affected by COVID-19-related restrictions from the state. Our fracture clinics and surgical intervention for fractures continue.
- In addition to inpatient and outpatient care, services offered through our rehabilitation department (physical and occupational therapy) have resumed.
Update regarding mandatory COVID-19-related safety measures:
- Masking remains mandatory for all individuals entering the building. Patients and family members without a mask will be provided one prior to entering the building. Parents are encouraged to share our masking policy with their children in advance to prepare them both for wearing a mask as well as to encounter masked staff members.
- Only one parent or guardian is permitted to accompany a child to their appointment – no additional family members or guests are allowed in the hospital building at this time.
- Our social distancing policy (6 feet of distance between child/family and others) remains in effect for all individuals in all areas of the hospital.
- Seating in our outpatient clinic has been modified to allow for social distancing. Additional seating for families is available in the auditorium adjacent to the outpatient waiting area.
- Our cafeteria is open to children and their family member visiting for in-person appointments. Entry to our serving area will be limited to three individuals or families at one time to allow for social distancing. Families are welcome to eat in our front dining area, which has been reconfigured to allow for social distancing. We ask that families not move tables or chairs from their current arrangement.
- These COVID-19-related safety measures will remain in place until further notice.
For questions or concerns regarding appointments, please call our scheduling line at 318-226-3313. We thank our patients, families and friends for their continued understanding and support.
Keep In Touch
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on everything that's happening at Shriners Children's.