COVID-19 – How to Make an Appointment
Update: August 2020
Safety remains our number one priority; we are closely monitoring updates and alerts from local health departments and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and are actively following their recommendations.
- Visitors: Non-patient minors are not permitted in the hospital at this time. Please arrange for siblings prior to arrival. Alternatively – we apologize, but unfortunately we will have to reschedule your child’s appointment to comply with this restriction.
- Clinic: We need to restrict ONE parent/guardian or visitor per pediatric patient allowed for all Clinic appointments.
- Surgeries: Two parents/guardians are permitted per patient on the day of surgery and during your child’s hospital stay.
- Screening: Temperature and symptom screening for all those entering the hospital.
- Masking: Universal masking protocol mandated.
1. Fracture clinic: Monday–Friday 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
We have expanded our hours to spread out the time between appointments for patient safety.
If your family is turned away from an urgent care clinic for any orthopaedic reason, please call our outpatient clinic. Our medical staff will address concerns and can help to get your child the orthopaedic care needed. Contact us at 888-895-5951.
2. Outpatient clinic visits – The Governor's proclamation permits outpatient clinic visits in both hospital-based clinics and other outpatient clinic settings.
- One parent/guardian only permitted per patient allowed in the hospital and clinic.
- Parents and caregivers cannot be ill (must be without fever, cough or other concerning symptoms), or have testing pending for COVID-19.
Fast Track Virtual Visit: Telehealth may be an option for some patient appointments. We will continue to collaborate and innovate, implementing safe and creative ways to support our patients and their families.
3. Surgeries – Surgical procedures will follow new protocol for safety:
- Two parents/guardians are permitted per patient on the day of surgery and during your child’s hospital stay.
- Temperature and symptom screening for all those entering the hospital.
- Universal masking protocol mandated.
Pre-surgical COVID-19 testing:
COVID-19 testing for all surgical patients required prior to surgery. Shriners Hospitals for Children — Spokane will coordinate your child’s COVID test to be completed at the hospital prior to surgery. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your care manager.
4. Regional outreach clinics:
Those patients with upcoming appointments for our regional outreach clinics in Fairbanks, Alaska or Kalispell, Montana, are now being scheduled. We are continuing to take referrals and schedule patients for all future outreach clinic dates.
If you have not heard from us or would like to talk to someone about a future appointment, please call us at 888-895-5951.
We understand these are unusual circumstances and that these actions may be challenging to our families. However, our top priority is the safety of our patients and of our staff. We believe these efforts are necessary to reduce chances of infection spreading.
Keep In Touch
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on everything that's happening at Shriners Children's.