COVID-19 Screening and Visitor Protocol at Shriners Hospitals for Children — Galveston
Shriners Hospitals for Children — Galveston has been continually monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic. We have been and will continue to clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces throughout the hospital.
During this difficult time we continue to focus on timely care for our patients. If you have questions or concerns about upcoming clinic appointments or scheduled surgeries, please call the following numbers:
- Surgical rescheduling: 409-770-6969
- Clinic rescheduling: 409-770-6603 or 409-770-6571
- If the patient/family member has questions regarding the plan of care they can contact care management: 409-770-6998 or 409-770-6781
For the health and safety of our patients, staff and visitors, and to prevent the spread of the virus causing COVID-19, we are screening everyone who enters the facility. All patients and visitors will be provided a basic screening when entering our hospital front door. If additional screening is warranted, a nurse will conduct a more thorough screen.
You will see additional signage throughout our facility.
Visitation policies – updates as of 10-29-20
- We are limiting visitors to two (2) consistent visitors/caregivers per patient for inpatients only.
- Policies will remain as one (1) visitor/caregiver per patient for outpatients only.
- All visitors must adhere to the masking, social distancing and unit specific PPE policies.
- Once caregiver exceptions are made, notify security so they can manage accordingly.
- Shriners Hospitals for Children — Galveston will continue to house one (1) caregiver only.
- Only patients seeking evaluation and treatment should be brought to the hospital.
- All visitors should be healthy. Please do not visit, and reschedule your appointment, if you or your child has a fever greater than 100 degrees and a sore throat or cough. People who have been recently ill with the above symptoms should not visit unless they have been symptom-free for 24 hours. If someone in your household is sick with the above symptoms, watch for signs of illness. If you become sick, please leave promptly.
Advice to stay healthy
- Perform hand hygiene frequently by either washing with soap and water or rubbing your hands together with an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your cough and sneezes – use tissue, dispose of properly and clean your hands after handling it. If you do not have a tissue, use the bend of your arm to cough into.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
For information on how you, your school, workplace and community can prepare, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
Let's Stay in Touch
Join our mailing list to keep up-to-date on all that's happening at Shriners Children's.