Shriners Hospitals for Children — Spokane COVID-19 Update
Update August 28, 2020:
The health and safety of our patients, staff and our communities remain a top priority. Therefore, in line with the latest guidelines issued by the CDC, the Department of Health and state of Washington, we have revised some of our policies.
We are grateful for your help as we work together to safeguard all of our patients, families and staff.
- Clinic: We need to restrict one parent/guardian or visitor per pediatric patient allowed for all clinic appointments.
- Surgeries: Two parents/guardians are permitted per patient on the day of surgery and during your child’s hospital stay.
- Parents and caregivers cannot be ill (must be without fever, cough or other concerning symptoms), or have testing pending for COVID-19.
- Non-patient minors are not permitted in the hospital at this time. Please arrange for siblings prior to arrival. Alternatively, we apologize, but unfortunately we will have to reschedule your child’s appointment to comply with this restriction.
Family members, friends and loved ones are encouraged to use electronic devices and applications to connect with patients (smartphones, tablets, FaceTime, Skype, etc.).
We understand these are unusual circumstances and that these actions may be challenging to our families. However, our top priority is the safety of our patients and of our staff. We believe these efforts are necessary to reduce chances of infection spreading.
To help keep you and your family safe, we have implemented mandatory universal masking in our hospital. All staff members, patients and families will wear a mask, regardless of symptoms, upon arrival. If you arrive without a mask, we will provide one for you and your child.
- Masks will be worn in all clinical areas, all common areas, and when closer than 6 feet from staff or other visitors. Masks are available at main entrances or other appropriate locations.
Screenings will continue to take place at the front desk when staff, patients, families and visitors arrive.
- Epidemiologic risks
Fracture clinic continues to operate with the following changes:
- Our expanded hours are now 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- No appointments will be taken. Patients will be seen based on time of arrival.
Our hope is to continue to reduce the spread of disease. Everyone can do their part to help reduce the spread of disease by using these easy, preventive actions:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask when around others.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are touched often.
- Monitor your health daily.
- Build your body’s overall health resilience by eating well, exercising and getting plenty of rest.
If you need to cancel your appointment due to illness, or have any questions for us, please call our patient access staff at 509-623-0400 or 888-895-5951.
These changes are in effect until further notice. We are monitoring this matter closely and will make adjustments as necessary.
Manténgase en contacto
Únase a nuestra lista de correo para mantenerse actualizado sobre todo lo que sucede en Shriners Children's.