The idea for a Shriners Hospital in the Los Angeles area was first introduced around 1944. Al Malaikah Temple obtained approval in 1945 from the Board of Governors to proceed with plans to build a Shriners Hospital in Los Angeles. The fundraising activities began at a meeting of the Pasadena Shrine Club. After local Shriners raised approximately $1.5 million, the Board of Governors increased the size of the hospital by 90,000 square feet. This action resulted in increasing the building costs to $2,125,000. In 1950, Al Malaikah Shriners held a ceremony at Geneva Street and Commonwealth Avenue to lay the cornerstone for the new Los Angeles hospital. The Shriners continued their fundraising efforts and finished by the time the hospital opened. The original hospital was completed in February 1952, and the first patients were admitted to the hospital under the care of Margaret H. Rose, hospital administrator and Wilbur Westin, M.D., chief of staff.
- 1952: Opened.
- 1983 : Complete renovation of the hospital completed, modernizing the interior and preserving the outside facade.
- 1985: The renovation was completed and the building rededicated.
- 1988 : The hospital expanded services by acquiring and relocating CAPP – Child Amputee Prosthetics Project from UCLA.
- 1998: Another renovation phase was completed, expanding the outpatient clinic area, cafeteria and medical records department.
- 2015: Groundbreaking of the new facility in Pasadena.
- 2017: New ambulatory surgery center, rehabilitation center, and Pediatric Orthotic and Prosthetic Services department introduced as Shriners for Children Medical Center.
specialty pediatric care at shriners children's southern californiaView More Southern California Care Options
Médecine du sport
Nous comprenons les besoins médicaux uniques des enfants
Restons en contact
Abonnez-vous à notre infolettre pour rester informé de tout ce qui se passe dans les Hôpitaux Shriners pour enfants