COVID-19 (Coronavirus): What to Expect at Shriners Hospitals for Children — Boston
The health and safety of our patients, families and staff is our highest priority at Shriners Hospitals for Children — Boston. Our administrative and medical staff are continuing to work closely with public health and emergency preparedness officials as we manage the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Boston Shriners Hospital has implemented new screening and visitor protocols to protect our hospital family, which will remain in effect until further notice.
- Anyone entering the hospital is being screened for possible COVID-19 symptoms, including having their temperature taken.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask while in the hospital, which will be provided to you at the screening desk.
- Two parents or guardians may stay with their child on our inpatient unit.
- One parent or guardian may accompany their child on a clinic visit.
- If your appointment was postponed due to COVID-19, a member of our patient care team will be contacting you.
- A member of our patient care team will also contact you a few days before your child’s appointment to conduct a prescreening.
- If your child is having a surgical procedure, she/he will be tested for COVID-19 at our facility before that procedure.
- If you have any questions regarding your child’s care, please call our main hospital line at 617-722-3000, press 0 and our operator will direct your call to the appropriate staff member.
- All public events at the Boston Shriners Hospital are postponed until further notice and all hospital tours remain suspended.
- The Blossom Café is open only to patients, families and staff.
Our environmental services, housekeeping and maintenance staff are sanitizing high-touch areas multiple times a day. Please do your part to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Follow the Centers for Disease Control’s steps to prevent illness.
Please keep yourself educated and follow updates from the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization.
Thank you for your continued cooperation as we manage this public health crisis together.
Keep In Touch
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on everything that's happening at Shriners Children's.