Visit Shriners Hospitals for Children Canada
When visitors arrive, we're as happy to see them as the children are. Visitors can bring a smile to a patient's face and help them pass the time. But they can do more than that. Feeling supported by family and friends can also help enhance the healing process.
We ask that all guests, visitors and family members join us in creating a positive environment where hope and healing meet.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Your Safety Remains a Top Priority
Shriners Hospitals for Children Canada is open and caring for patients with strict safety measures. We've resumed surgical care for pediatric patients, expanded clinic appointments and are accepting referrals for new patients and consultations.
To protect the health of patients, families and employees, we have adopted new safety measures:
- Restricting access to the facility. Only one adult is allowed to accompany each patient.
- Restricting visitors to the facility to one patient and one parent/guardian for outpatient visits.
- Restricting visitors to one patient and one parent/guardian at a time for inpatients. Fast Pass labels are given to identify two parents/guardians per child who will be allowed to visit at separate times throughout the stay.
- Requiring face shields and goggles to be worn by staff members when providing direct patient care or when in close contact with a parent/guardian.
- Screening patients, guests and employees for possible cold and flu-like symptoms and potential exposure to the virus. Temperatures are taken before entering the facility and questions will be asked to ensure that visitors have not had contact with people experiencing certain symptoms or people with COVID-19.
- Requiring procedure masks be worn in the facility. Individuals will be provided a procedure mask if they don't have one.
- Giving a COVID-19 test to all patients 24 hours prior to surgery.
- Making pre-visit phone calls to continue to educate families on the rules we have in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. These calls include arranging for COVID-19 testing prior to surgery, reminder calls made at the time of testing, robocalls for clinic and surgery appointments and day-of screening.
- Practicing social distancing by requiring everyone to maintain a distance of at least six feet from others.
General Visiting Guidelines
To maintain a family-friendly, healing environment, we ask that all visitors respect the following guidelines:
- In-patient unit on fourth floor — Visitors are limited to one close family member per patient during the day and night.
- Ambulatory clinic — Patients may be accompanied by one person at a time.
- Ambulatory surgery — Patients may be accompanied by two parents/guardians going into surgery, however, in the PACU only one parent is allowed.
- Visitors ages 70 or more are strongly advised not to accompany patients.
- All visitors must check in at the reception desk at the main entrance where they will be given a FAST PASS label and a procedure mask if they do not have one.
- Visitors known to be ill or who have been exposed to communicable diseases are not allowed to visit.
- Latex (rubber) balloons are not allowed in the building. Patients may receive mylar balloons.
- All hot beverages should be transported in an appropriate container with a lid in order to avoid the risk of burn injuries.
- No smoking or vaping is permitted on Shriners Hospitals for Children Canada grounds.
One parent or close family member over 18 years of age is allowed to room with the child. A built-in bed is located in the child’s room and linens are available from the nursing staff. Parents may not sleep on the facility beds and children are not allowed to sleep on the built-in bed. A parent accommodation room is available and is assigned by nursing staff, according to needs.
Washrooms and showers are available in each room and are for parent and patient use.
A cupboard and lockers are available for the storage of suitcases, coats, etc. Keys for the lockers can be obtained from the in-patient unit clerk. Valuables should be left at home. Shriners Hospitals for Children Canada will not be held liable for the loss, theft or damage of personal belongings.
A family lounge is located on the fourth floor and is equipped with a TV and a computer. Wi-Fi is available. Food is permitted in the lounge. Please keep this area tidy.
Your child’s room and the family lounge are equipped with a telephone that may be used for local calls by dialing 9+ local phone number (at no charge). Please ask for assistance in placing long distance calls.
The use of mobile phones is permitted in the facility.
You may bring your electronic devices to the facility. Please note that Shriners Hospitals for Children Canada will not be held responsible for any damage or loss/theft of your electronic devices, so we ask that you store them out of harm’s way and never leave them unattended.
The cafeteria on our sixth floor provides a welcome and comfortable place for families to enjoy a meal or a snack while relaxing or visiting with others.
We serve breakfast, lunch and supper daily, including weekends. Sandwiches, soups, salads, snacks and beverages are available throughout the day at reasonable prices.
7 a.m.-6 p.m.
7 a.m.-10 a.m.
11 a.m.-2 p.m.
4:30 p.m.-6 p.m.
The cafeteria accepts cash, credit and debit cards.
If you would like to contact the head of the kitchen department, please call Dino Mazzella at 514-842-4464 ext. 2279.
Meals With Your Child
To have a meal with your child, you may purchase your meal in the cafeteria and bring it to your child’s room. Children who are staying in the inpatient unit have a special menu to order their meals from.
Please make us aware of any food allergies or sensitivities that you, a family member or guest have so we can safely serve you.
Vending machines are available next to the cafeteria on the sixth floor. A section of the cafeteria remains open at night with access to water and a microwave, as well as the vending machines.
Our facility is located in an area close to well-known restaurants, if you would like to explore these restaurants during your stay in Montreal.
5260 Rue Sherbrooke Ouest
Montréal, QC H4A 1T9
Villa du Souvlaki
5347 Rue Sherbrooke Ouest
Montréal, QC H4A 1V2
Restaurant La Louisiane
5850 Rue Sherbrooke Ouest
Montréal, QC H4A 1X5
Support During Your Time With Us
Keep In Touch
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on everything that's happening at Shriners Children's.