Information for Patients & Families
When your child has a medical condition, you become an expert multi-tasker, caring for them and your family while getting questions answered and arranging for treatments and services. The compassionate staff of Shriners Children's Twin Cities supports you on that journey, with comprehensive, family-centered information, directions and care options.
Here, you’ll find some of the resources you need, so you can more clearly focus on your child's, and your own, well-being.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Your Safety Remains a Top Priority.
Shriners Children's Twin Cities is open and caring for patients with strict safety measures. We've resumed surgical care for pediatric patients, expanded clinic appointments and are accepting referrals for new patients and consultations.
To protect the health of patients, families and employees, we have adopted new safety measures:
- Restricting visitors to the facility to one patient and one parent/guardian for outpatient visits and surgery.
- Requiring face masks to be worn by staff members when providing direct patient care or when in close contact with a parent/guardian.
- Screening patients, guests and employees for possible cold and flu-like symptoms and potential exposure to the virus. Temperatures are taken before entering the facility.
- Requiring face mask or cloth face coverings be worn in the facility. Individuals will be provided mask/covering if they don't have one.
- Giving a COVID-19 test to all patients 72 hours prior to surgery.
- Educating families on the rules we have in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 through mailed messages and conversations when scheduling appointments.
- Practicing social distancing by requiring everyone to maintain a distance of at least six feet from others.
How can we assist?
We're here to help guide you on the next steps for your child's treatment.