Your Donation Changes Children's Lives at Shriners Children’s Hawaii
Shriners Hospitals for Children is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, commonly known as Shriners Children’s. Shriners Children's has been leading specialty pediatric healthcare since 1922. We deliver specialty pediatric care to children around the world, providing a comprehensive range of treatments and services that help improve the quality of children's lives and allow them to reach their full potential.
There are many reasons to make a charitable gift to Shriners Hospitals for Children – and your passion for helping children is likely at the top of that list. Friends like you make it possible for us to provide pediatric specialty care, regardless of the family's ability to pay or insurance status, today and for years to come.
Read on to learn how you can support Shriners Children's Hawaii through ways that include planned giving, hosting and attending fundraising events, and participating in our community outreach.
Shriners Hospitals for Children has pressing needs to meet every day. When you give an outright financial gift, you make our current work possible and help to shape the future of healthcare for children with medical needs. Outright gifts include:
- Online donations via our donation site, LovetotheRescue.org
- Checks or other monetary gifts
Shriners Hospitals for Children is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law. Your generous gift directly helps support patient care at Shriners Children's Hawaii.
At Shriners Hospitals for Children, planned giving ensures we can continue to provide the most amazing care anywhere for generations. When we know about your future intention, we can plan for your gift and all the good it can do.
Planned giving and other types of planned philanthropy advance our research and improve the medical care we provide, benefiting patients for generations. To ensure we meet the wishes of our donors, our giving programs include careful planning and thorough consideration, as our knowledgeable fundraising staff consults with donors, their families, legal professionals and wealth advisors. Together, we’ll develop a plan for giving that aligns with your specific tax objectives and estate planning needs.
- Bequests: Maintain full control of your financial resources during your lifetime and reduce your taxable estate by including Shriners Children’s Hawaii in your will or living trust.
- Charitable Gift Annuities: Provide a lifetime income to you and/or a loved one and earn a current income tax deduction with a gift of cash or property.
- Gifts of Life Insurance: Earn an immediate income tax deduction and a possible premium deduction by designating Shriners Children’s Hawaii as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
- Gifts of Real Estate: Making a gift of real estate directly contributes to the Shriners Children’s mission. Gifts of real estate can be directed to Shriners Children’s locations in the United States. We can help ensure that your real estate assets have the greatest possible impact while also maximizing tax benefits. For more information, visit Real Estate Donations.
- Gifts of Retirement Plans: By naming Shriners Children’s Hawaii as the beneficiary of your retirement account, such as a 401(k) or IRA, you can avoid passing on heavy income and estate taxes to your heirs.
- Gifts of Stock: Shriners Children’s is able to offer our supporters an easy method to make stock donations in 10 minutes or less. You can now donate stock from your brokerage to Shriners Children’s through a secure portal, making the gifting process fast, safe and easy. If you would like to specifically designate Shriners Children's Hawaii when making your donation, please contact us for assistance.
- Cryptocurrency: Donors’ gifts change lives at Shriners Children’s, and crypto giving is a powerful way to make a difference and maximize your impact. Learn more about the tax advantages of cryptocurrency donations or, start giving today. For electronic transfer information, please contact email@example.com.
Donations of Toys, Crafts and Other Items
Patients and families greatly appreciate your in-kind donations to help them while they are with us or transitioning back home.
For more information about in-kind donations, please call our office of philanthropy at 808-951-3765. Donations are accepted Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Please call us at 808-951-3765 if you need more information about delivering your donation. Larger deliveries require an appointment.
Donate Your Vehicle to Benefit Shriners Children's Hawaii
Your car donation can help transform children's lives. Each vehicle donated helps Shriners Children’s deliver exceptional healthcare. Please consider any vehicle, running or not, including cars, trucks, trailers, boats, RVs, motorcycles, campers, off-road vehicles, planes, heavy equipment, farm machinery and most other motorized vehicles. The vehicle can be in any condition and picked up from any location. Your vehicle is towed at no cost to you. Complete the online vehicle donation form or call 833-SHC-KIDS (833-742-5437) seven days a week. Learn more about the program. The process is easy, and your gift may qualify as a tax deduction.
Fundraisers and Special Events
There are so many ways to get involved and support Shriners Children's Hawaii From volunteering to help fundraise or support patient needs and activities, there is always a way to help patients and their families receive life-changing care. Learn more about fundraising programs.
Individuals, groups or businesses may organize fundraisers and special events. These groups may also fundraise online by creating a fundraising page. Learn more about how to start an online fundraising campaign.
For more information about fundraisers or special events, please contact Nikki Cooke, Stewardship Coordinator or call 808-951-3765.
For more information about donating today or planned giving areas for benefit of Shriners Hospitals for Children Hawaii, please contact Janice Knapp, director of philanthropy Hawaii or call 808-951-3609.
We’re always here for our patients, regardless of a family's ability to pay or insurance status.
Keep In Touch
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on everything that's happening at Shriners Children's.