Pediatric Burns – What Every Provider Needs to Know
Who Should Attend:
Pediatricians, Primary Care Providers, RNs, School-based Nurses
- Describe the initial management of a major burn
- Outline the basic management of a burn wound
- Identify the signs of burn-related child abuse
- Describe how and when to refer a burn patient
Continuing Medical Education (CME) Credits:
1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™
Shriners Hospitals for Children — Northern California is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality and the California Medication Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. This activity is approved for a 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) Designation for 1.0 contact hour.
|Chief of burns at the Shriners Hospitals for Children — Northern California and chief of the burn division, department of surgery, for the University of California, Davis School of Medicine. He is also the president-elect of the International Society of Burn Injuries (ISBI). Learn more here.|
The recording and deck will be available upon request. Please send an email to ShrinersContinuingEducation@shrinenet.org to request access. The recording and deck will be available upon request.
In order to obtain CME credit, return your completed evaluation form by:
- Emailing to ShrinersContinuingEducation@shrinenet.org or
- Faxing to (916) 453-2247 or
- Sending to Shriners Hospitals for Children – Northern California, Continuing Education, 2425 Stockton Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95817