We are Here for You
It’s our mission to care for children, and the health and safety of our patients and employees remains our top priority. Your child and your family can continue to expect nationally-ranked, multidisciplinary pediatric care in a safe environment. Shriners Hospitals for Children — Northern California is open and caring for patients with safety measures in place. We have resumed surgical care for pediatric patients, expanded clinic appointments and are accepting referrals for new patients and consultations.
To protect the health of patients, families and employees, we have adopted new safety measures:
- We have restricted access to the hospital. Only one adult is allowed to accompany patients to the hospital.
- We have restricted visitors to one patient and one parent/guardian for outpatient visits and surgery.
- We have restricted visitors to one patient and one parent/guardian at a time for in-patients. ID bands are given to identify two parents/guardians per child. For the duration of the patients’ stay, there will only be two visitors allowed.
- Face shields and goggles will be worn by staff when providing direct care to a patient or in close contact with a parent/guardian.
- All patients, guests and employees are screened for possible cold and flu-like symptoms, potential exposure to the virus and are given a temperature reading before entering the facility.
- All individuals are required to wear a face mask or cloth face covering to wear in the hospital and are provided one if they do not have one.
- Every patient is tested for COVID-19 48 hours prior to surgery.
- Pre-visit calls are made by hospital staff to continue to educate families on the precautionary rules in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, including arranging for COVID-19 testing prior to surgery, calls made at the time of testing, robo-calls for clinic and surgery appointments and day of screening.
- Maintaining at least 6 feet from others and social distancing is required.
As a reminder, Shriners Hospitals for Children does not treat COVID-19. If your child is experiencing flu-like symptoms, please contact your pediatrician for instructions.
We remain focused on providing your child with specialty medical care. If your child has an upcoming appointment, our staff will be contacting you to confirm your visit and to discuss scheduling options. New and established patients are also welcome to contact us directly to request an appointment by phone or email:
Fast Track Video Visits
We are pleased to offer telehealth through Fast Track Video Visits. This option has helped some patients to maintain appointments, while complying with the stay-at-home orders or travel limitations. Patients eligible for video visits are notified when their appointments are scheduled. Visit our Fast Track Video Visits web page for more information.
Care Without Barriers
Providing care without barriers remains an essential part of our mission. Patients are accepted regardless of insurance coverage, nor is it required for care at Shriners Hospitals. Given the economic changes brought on by the pandemic, we want to re-emphasize that our commitment remains the same; we care for patients with or without insurance.
We know this is a rapidly evolving situation. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your child’s upcoming appointment, please contact us for more information.