Schedule a virtual appointment with your Shriners Hospitals for Children—Northern California provider
Access to care at Shriners Hospitals for Children—Northern California just got even easier! We have expanded our care model by launching a Fast Track Video Visits (FTVV) program to ensure continuity of care during and beyond the COVID-19 pandemic. The new program is dedicated to providing specialized care to established and new patients from the comfort of their own homes and gives patients the ability to see their doctors.
Established Patients: 916-453-2184
New patients: 916-453-2191
FTVV helps decrease potential risk of exposure and will provide a convenient alternative for families traveling long distances to visit their doctor. Patients and their parents can connect with their doctors via video software to conduct follow-up visits and discuss treatment plans.
This will not replace all in-person visits, as there will continue to be circumstances that require a physical in-person visit. Our Patient Access Personnel will evaluate if a FTVV is appropriate for each child based on medical criteria.
What does the process for a FTVV look like?
- Patient eligibility for FTVV is determined by Patient Access Personnel
- Provider availability is determined and appointment is scheduled
- Patient Access Personnel contacts family
- Patient Access Personnel will email the family a Skype link to use for the appointment
- Consent will be provided in order for us to use this technology. A DocuSign document will be sent to your email
What are the technical requirements for a virtual visit?
- Internet access
- A computer or mobile device with email, camera and microphone
- Completed consent forms (sent via email through DocuSign)
Please call our referrals office at 916-453-2191 for more information.