Neha S. Patel, MD
Neha Patel, M.D., is a board-certified pediatric anesthesiologist at Shriners Children’s Southern California. She was born and raised in the Midwest. She graduated with distinction from University of Wisconsin in Madison with a Bachelor of Science degree in pharmacology and toxicology. She then received her medical doctorate at Rush University. Afterwards, she completed residency at Baylor College of Medicine, where she was honored as an outstanding resident in pediatric anesthesiology. She completed fellowship in pediatric anesthesiology at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. She has 10 years of clinical experience in the perioperative management of complex pediatric patients.
She is a member of the Society of Pediatric Anesthesiology, American Society of Anesthesiologists and California Society of Anesthesiologists. She believes that all patients deserve the best care, and has dedicated her career to quality improvement. She has Advanced Training in Quality Improvement from Intermountain Heath, and is the educational director of Wake-Up Safe, a national patient safety organization dedicated to improving pediatric anesthesia outcomes. Dr. Patel also believes in improving the patient experience, and including patients and families in their perioperative care plan. She practices acute pain management as well as performing regional nerve blocks, and prescribes multimodal analgesia.
Dr. Patel loves learning about different cultures and values her experiences in medical missions. She has done medical service in Mexico, Dominican Republic, China, Vietnam and Bangladesh. In her free time, Dr. Patel enjoys hiking, traveling, food, and spending time with her husband and doggie.
Dr. Patel’s interests include pediatric anesthesia, quality improvement, patient experience and acute pain management.
- Pediatric Surgery
More About Me
- American Board of Anesthesiology, Anesthesiology, Anesthesiology - General
- American Board of Anesthesiology, Pediatric Anesthesia, Pediatric Anesthesiology
Rush Medical College of Rush University
Baylor College of Medicine
United States of America
Childrens Hospital Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
United States of America
Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California
- 2021-Present: Director of Education, Wake Up Safe
- 2014-Present: Member of California Society of Anesthesiologists
- 2012-Present: Member of American Society of Pediatric Anesthesiology
- 2009-Present: Member of the American Society of Anesthesiology
- 2022: Peer Reviewer, Children, An Open Access Journal
- 2021: Peer Reviewer, Pediatric Anesthesia
- 2017: Top Doctor Award, Pasadena Magazine
- 2013: Binky Award/Outstanding Resident in Pediatric Anesthesiology
- 2013: The Broken Heart Award/Outstanding Resident Award in Pediatric Cardiovascular Anesthesiology
- Problem Based Learning Discussion: Society of Pediatric Anesthesiology Annual Conference; Moya Moya: Beyond a puff of smoke (4/2022)
- Intermountain Health Capsone Project: Medication Error Prevention (4/2019)
- Guest Lecturer: University of California San Francisco, Department of Anesthesiology; Pediatric Neuroanesthesia (3/2019)
- Lecture: Hebei Children's Hospital of Hebei Province Medical University; Basics of Acute Pain Management (9/2018)
About the Patient Experience Rating System
The Patient Rating score is an average of all responses to care provider related questions on our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.