Your Donation Changes Children's Lives at Shriners Children’s Spokane
Shriners Hospitals for Children is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, commonly known as Shriners Children’s. Shriners Children's has been leading specialty pediatric healthcare since 1922. We deliver specialty pediatric care to children around the world, providing a comprehensive range of treatments and services that help improve the quality of children's lives and allow them to reach their full potential.
There are many reasons to make a charitable gift to Shriners Hospitals for Children – and your passion for helping children is likely at the top of that list. Friends like you make it possible for us to provide pediatric specialty care, regardless of the family's ability to pay or insurance status, today and for years to come.
Read on to learn how you can support Shriners Children's Spokane through ways that include planned giving, hosting and attending fundraising events, and participating in our community outreach.
Shriners Hospitals for Children has pressing needs to meet every day. When you give an outright financial gift, you make our current work possible and help to shape the future of healthcare for children with medical needs. Outright gifts include:
- Online donations via our donation site, LovetotheRescue.org
- Checks or other monetary gifts
Shriners Hospitals for Children is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law. Your generous gift directly helps support patient care at Shriners Children's Spokane.
Give through your workplace matching gift program.
At Shriners Hospitals for Children, planned giving ensures we can continue to provide the most amazing care anywhere for generations. When we know about your future intention, we can plan for your gift and all the good it can do.
Planned giving and other types of planned philanthropy advance our research and improve the medical care we provide, benefiting patients for generations. To ensure we meet the wishes of our donors, our giving programs include careful planning and thorough consideration, as our knowledgeable fundraising staff consults with donors, their families, legal professionals and wealth advisors. Together, we’ll develop a plan for giving that aligns with your specific tax objectives and estate planning needs.
- Bequests: Maintain full control of your financial resources during your lifetime and reduce your taxable estate by including Shriners Children’s Spokane in your will or living trust.
- Charitable Gift Annuities: Provide a lifetime income to you and/or a loved one and earn a current income tax deduction with a gift of cash or property.
- Gifts of Life Insurance: Earn an immediate income tax deduction and a possible premium deduction by designating Shriners Children’s Spokane as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
- Gifts of Real Estate: Making a gift of real estate directly contributes to the Shriners Children’s mission. Gifts of real estate can be directed to Shriners Children’s locations in the United States. We can help ensure that your real estate assets have the greatest possible impact while also maximizing tax benefits. For more information, visit Real Estate Donations.
- Gifts of Retirement Plans: By naming Shriners Children’s Spokane as the beneficiary of your retirement account, such as a 401(k) or IRA, you can avoid passing on heavy income and estate taxes to your heirs.
- Gifts of Stock: Shriners Children’s is able to offer our supporters an easy method to make stock donations in 10 minutes or less. You can now donate stock from your brokerage to Shriners Children’s through a secure portal, making the gifting process fast, safe and easy. If you would like to specifically designate Shriners Children's Spokane when making your donation, please contact us for assistance.
- Endowments and Naming Gifts: Give your family name the opportunity to represent something special at Shriners Hospitals for Children. These giving opportunities are closely aligned with a donor’s interest such as building, room or equipment namings, program-specific namings or endowed academic chair namings.
- Cryptocurrency: Donors’ gifts change lives at Shriners Children’s, and crypto giving is a powerful way to make a difference and maximize your impact. Learn more about the tax advantages of cryptocurrency donations or, start giving today. For electronic transfer information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fundraisers, Special Events and Campaigns
You can become personally involved in raising much-needed funds on behalf of Shriners Children’s Spokane. When you attend or host one of our community fundraising events, start a fundraising page or campaign, or donate to someone else’s fundraising efforts, you make an immediate and memorable impact on children and their families. Learn more.
If you’d like to schedule or inquire about setting up a special event, please contact:
Director of Philanthropy Spokane
National and local campaigns are held to build financial support for special initiatives, including new technology and capital equipment. For more information, contact:
Director of Philanthropy Spokane
Memorials or tribute gifts
Memorial or tribute gifts are gratefully received by the hospital for the benefit of our programs. Donors receive acknowledgement letters for their gifts. Notification letters are also mailed to honorees or the designated family member, informing them of gifts made in their honor or in memory of a loved one. Notification letters provide name and address information only. To make a tribute gift online, please visit the our donations page.
To request additional information, please contact Angelique Heinzen at 509-744-1242 or email@example.com.
Donations of Toys, Crafts, Toiletries, and Other Items
Patients and families are encouraged by your in-kind gifts, knowing that you are thinking about them and wishing them hope and healing.
We are accepting many different items, including but not limited to toys, games, blankets and other hand sewn items, by appointment or through mail delivery. Donations are accepted weekdays, from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Please contact Angelique Heinzen with any questions or to schedule an appointment, at 509-744-1242. All items will be placed in a 14-day quarantine prior to dissemination.
View our Ideas for Giving list for more ideas on what to give and where to send.
Donate Your Vehicle to Benefit Shriners Children's Spokane
Your car donation can help transform children's lives. Each vehicle donated helps Shriners Children’s deliver exceptional healthcare. Please consider any vehicle, running or not, including cars, trucks, trailers, boats, RVs, motorcycles, campers, off-road vehicles, planes, heavy equipment, farm machinery, and most other motorized vehicles. The vehicle can be in any condition and picked up from any location. Your vehicle is towed at no cost to you. Complete the online vehicle donation form or call 833-SHC-KIDS (833-742-5437) seven days a week. Learn more about the program. The process is easy, and your gift may qualify as a tax deduction.
We’re always here for our patients, regardless of a family's ability to pay or insurance status.
Keep In Touch
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on everything that's happening at Shriners Children's.