Visit Shriners Children's Shreveport
When visitors arrive, we're as happy to see them as the children are. Visitors can bring a smile to a patient's face and help them pass the time. But they can do more than that. Feeling supported by family and friends can also help enhance the healing process.
We ask that all guests, visitors and family members join us in creating a positive environment where hope and healing meet.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Your Safety Remains a Top Priority
Shriners Children's Shreveport is currently caring for patients with strict safety measures. We are providing surgical care for pediatric patients, expanded clinic appointments and are accepting referrals for new patients and consultations.
To protect the health of patients, families and employees, we have adopted these safety measures:
- Restricting access to the facility. Up to two parents or guardians are allowed to accompany each patient.
- Requiring face shields or goggles to be worn by staff members when providing direct patient care.
- Screening patients, guests and employees for possible cold and flu-like symptoms and potential exposure to the virus. Temperatures are taken before entering the facility.
- Requiring face mask or cloth face coverings be worn in the facility at all times. Individuals will be provided mask/covering if they don't have one.
- Giving a COVID-19 test to all patients 48 hours prior to surgery.
- Making pre-visit phone calls to continue to educate families on the rules we have in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. These calls include arranging for COVID-19 testing prior to surgery, reminder calls made at the time of testing, robocalls for clinic and surgery appointments and day-of screening.
- Practicing social distancing by requiring everyone to maintain a distance of at least six feet from others.
- Seating in our outpatient clinic has been modified to allow for social distancing. Additional seating for families is available in the auditorium adjacent to the outpatient waiting area.
General Visiting Guidelines
To maintain a family-friendly, healing environment, we ask that all visitors respect the following guidelines:
- Up to two parents or guardians may accompany a patient to our facility.
- Siblings are not permitted to visit at this time.
- Parents/guardians or their representatives (if the parent/guardian is absent) may visit 24 hours a day for inpatient stays. We encourage one parent/guardian to stay at the bedside – a sleeper chair and shower accommodations are made available to the parent staying overnight.
- All visitors are required to register at the main lobby reception desk daily before coming to the inpatient care unit.
- Visitors known to be ill or who have been exposed to communicable diseases are not allowed to visit.
- Any restrictions on visiting hours will be fully explained to the patient and family and are determined with their participation.
- Visitors must leave the unit if requested by nursing personnel.
- Visitors are asked to respect patient confidentiality.
- All visitors must wash their hands when they enter the patient’s room and prior to leaving; nursing staff will share any additional infection control measures that may be necessary.
- Latex (rubber) balloons are not allowed in the building. Patients may receive Mylar balloons.
- Vending machines are located just outside our cafeteria area.
- We do not have an on-site ATM machine. Our front desk receptionist can assist you in locating one nearby.
- Shriners Children's Shreveport is a tobacco-free facility. If you smoke or use other tobacco or smoking-related products, such as vapor or e-cigarettes, you must leave the grounds to do so.
- The use of alcohol is not allowed on our grounds.
Our cafeteria is open to children and their parents/guardians visiting for in-person appointments.
Entry to our serving area will be limited to three individuals or families at one time to allow for social distancing. Families are welcome to eat in our front dining area, which has been reconfigured to allow for social distancing. We ask that families not move tables or chairs from their current arrangement.
We provide a variety of foods to choose from at a very reasonable price, including a full-service line with entrees, sides, soups, breads and desserts, along with kid-friendly choices and grab-and-go selections.
Complimentary Meals for Parents
Shriners Children's Shreveport provides a complimentary meal daily to a parent staying with a patient. In addition, a complimentary continental breakfast is provided each day for our parents in the parent lounge (off the corridor leading into the inpatient unit). If you would like to arrange for additional meals, our inpatient unit staff can assist you in making the necessary arrangements through our cafeteria.
Our nutrition services department is committed to providing patients and families with high-quality, nutritionally balanced meals and snacks following appropriate diet orders. Please make us aware of any food allergies or sensitivities that you, a family member or guest have so we can safely serve you.
Cafeteria Meal Service
7 a.m.–9 a.m.
11 a.m.–1 p.m.
Water, tea, coffee and ice are generally available throughout the day.
Vending machines are available 24 hours a day just outside of the cafeteria entrance.
Support During Your Time With Us
Keep In Touch
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on everything that's happening at Shriners Children's.