The Advanced Burn Life Support (ABLS) Provider Course is an 8-hour course for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, therapists, firefighters, paramedics, and EMTs. This live, hands-on course is designed to provide the “how-to” of emergency care of the burn patient through the first 24-hour critical time period. Following a series of lectures, case studies are presented for group discussions. The course includes an opportunity to work with a simulated burn patient to reinforce the assessment, stabilization, and the American Burn Association (ABA) transfer criteria to a Burn Center. Testing consists of a written exam and a practical assessment.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- evaluate a patient with a serious burn;
- define the magnitude and severity of the injury;
- identify and establish priorities of treatment;
- manage the airway and support ventilation;
- initiate and monitor fluid resuscitation;
- apply correct methods of physiological monitoring;
- determine which patients should be transferred to a burn center;
- organize and conduct the inter-hospital transfer of a seriously injured burn patient.
Continuing Medical Education
The American Burn Association (ABA) designates this
continuing medical education activity for up to 7.25 AMA PRA
Category 1 Credits™ of the Physician’s Recognition
Award of the American Medical Association. The program also has been approved by the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN) for 7.40 contact hours
Synergy CERP Category A, File number 00018611.
You will receive a registration form to complete and return with registration fee.The registration fee includes all continuing education credits, presentations, conference materials, continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
Friday, Sept. 11, 2015 l 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Shasta Regional Medical Center
1100 Butte Street, Redding, CA
- $250 Non-Physicians (Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Therapists, Paramedics, Firefighters, EMTs)
- $350 Physicians
Space is limited. Please register by August 31.
You will receive a registration form to complete and return with registration fee.