Shriners Hospitals for Children — Northern California is holding it’s third annual PediOrtho WEST (Western Education & Surgical Techniques) Resident Education Course on Saturday, October 9, 2021. This course is presented in cooperation with the Foundation for Advancing Pediatric Orthopaedics (FAP Ortho).
About the Course
The course provides residents with training in a variety of pediatric orthopaedic surgical techniques through both didactic instruction and hands-on skills labs. The purpose of the course is to provide early exposure to pediatric orthopaedics generating enthusiasm for the subspecialty. We will provide online access of course content in place of paper. WiFi access and outlets are available for your laptop, tablet, etc. during the course.
The course will be led by pediatric orthopaedic surgeons from:
- Shriners Hospitals for Children – Northern California
- University of California, Davis
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital in San Francisco and Oakland
- Stanford University
- Valley Children’s Hospital
Who Should Attend
- PGY 2 and PGY 3 Residents
Time: 7 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Date: Saturday, October 9, 2021
Cost: No Course Fee
Thanks to FAP Ortho’s generous support, we are able to present this course free of charge and provide food and lodging at no cost to participants. Participants traveling from outside Northern California also are eligible for 50 percent reimbursement of coach airfare costs.
Course schedule on Saturday, October 9, 2021
Details to be announced
About the Faculty
- Jon Davids, M.D., Assistant Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery, Shriners Hospitals for Children — Northern California Professor of Orthopaedics, University of California, Davis
- Steven Frick, M.D., Chief Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine and Lucille Packard Children’s Hospital
- Mohammad Diab, M.D., Chief, Pediatric Orthopaedics, UCSF School of Medicine and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital – San Francisco
- Sanjeev Sabharwal, M.D., Chief, Pediatric Orthopaedics, UCSF School of Medicine and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital – Oakland
- Kerry Loveland, M.D., Medical Director Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, Valley Children’s HealthCare
We are delighted to offer the course free of charge. However, our cancellation policy will be strictly enforced to ensure maximum participation. Written cancellations must be received no later than September 17, 2021. This will give residents on the waiting list an opportunity to attend. Anyone who is a “no-show” without canceling in advance will be charged a $150 “registration” fee. For further information call 916-453-2041 or email email@example.com