Advocating Resources for Children with Developmental Disabilities – What Every Pediatric Provider Needs to Know
Who Should Attend:
Pediatricians, PCPs, RNs, School-based Nurses, Physical Therapists
- Outline and list the eligibility criterion for early intervention and services provided by the California Children’s Services (CCS) Medical Therapy Program and the Regional Center.
- Gain familiarity with the community resources for therapy, durable medical equipment and available funding.
- Describe the basics of life care planning for a dependent child/family member.
Continuing Medical Education (CME) Credits:
1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™
Shriners Hospitals for Children — Northern California is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. This activity is approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit Designation for 1.0 contact hour for each program.
Loren Davidson, M.D., is Medical Director for the Spinal Cord Injury program at Shriners Hospitals for Children – Northern California and Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the University of California Davis Health System. A graduate of the University of California, San Diego, Dr. Davidson earned his medical degree at the University of California Davis, School of Medicine, where completed his residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. He completed a Pediatric Rehabilitation Fellowship at The Children’s Hospital at the University of Colorado before returning to Sacramento. Dr. Davidson is a member of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, the Association of Academic Physiatrists, the American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine and the California Medical Association.
In order to obtain CME credit, return your completed evaluation form by:
- Emailing to ShrinersContinuingEducation@shrinenet.org or
- Faxing to (916) 453-2247 or
- Sending to Shriners Hospitals for Children – Northern California, Continuing Education, 2425 Stockton Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95817