Wendy A. Tomhave, OTR
- Occupational Therapy
Wendy Tomhave, OTR/L, has practiced occupational therapy and clinical research at Shriners Children’s Twin Cities since 1992. She completed her undergraduate studies at Saint Catherine University, which included a specialized internship in hand rehabilitation.
Wendy's quest for knowledge through clinical research has led to multiple invitations to present findings at local, state, national and international conferences. She is cited as a co-author in 13 scientific publications including the Journal of Hand Surgery and the Journal of Pediatric Orthopedics. Her work is included in a chapter on congenital hand differences in Elsevier’s Rehabilitation of the Hand and Upper Extremity. She is a co-developer of the Unilateral Below Elbow Test (U-BET) and primary developer of the Thumb Grasp and Pinch Assessment (T-GAP). The T-GAP’s validated measures for age-appropriate tasks of grasp and pinch, with its associated hierarchy and nomenclature, is fast becoming an international standard.
Download or view the T-GAP study.
More About Me
- National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc., Occupational Therapy,
- Presentation: Northern Plains Chapter Meeting AAOP 2022 Conference; Pediatric Hand Differences What’s in your tool kit? (10/2022)
- Presentation: Shriners Children's Twin Cities Monthly Mugs; Pediatric Hand Differences. What’s in your tool Kit? (5/2020)
- Presentation: Minnesota Occupational Therapy Association 2019 Conference; Administration and Interpretation of the Thumb Grasp and Pinch Assessment (T-GAP): A New Standardized Measure of Hand Dexterity (10/2019)
- Presentation: Mayo Clinic Therapist’s Training; The Thumb Grasp and Pinch Assessment: Administration and Scoring (5/2019)
- Presentation: Minnesota Memorial Pediatric Orthopedic Symposium; Occupational Therapy Evaluation and Treatment of Children with Arthrogryposis (11/2018)
- Presentation: Pediatric Hand Study Group; The Thumb Grasp and Pinch Assessment (T-GAP). A New Measure of Hand Function Following Index Pollicization (2/2017)
About the Patient Experience Rating System
The Patient Rating score is an average of all responses to care provider related questions on our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.