Eric O. Klineberg, MD
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Eric O. Klineberg, M.D., is an orthopedic spine surgeon at Shriners Children's Northern California. Nationally recognized in his field, Dr. Klineberg is director of the spine fellowship program at UC Davis School of Medicine, where he is also an associate professor and assistant residency director in the department of orthopedic surgery.
Dr. Klineberg was selected by the American Orthopedic Association as a Japanese traveling fellow in 2012, which recognizes young doctors who are leaders in orthopedics.
Board-certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, Dr. Klineberg has published extensively and presented worldwide on areas including adult spinal deformity, cervical degenerative disease and spine surgery. His articles have appeared in numerous peer-reviewed journals and he has authored several book chapters in surgical and medical textbooks.
Dr. Klineberg's professional affiliations include the North American Spine Society, Western Orthopedic Association and California Orthopedic Association. He has won several awards from the North American Spine Society, International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery and Scoliosis Research Society.
Dr. Klineberg's honors also include being a reviewer for five peer-reviewed journals. He serves on several national professional committees, including the Education Committee for AO Spine and two committees with the Scoliosis Research Society.
Dr. Klineberg has received more than $600,000 in grants for medical and educational research. He also is a principal or co-principal investigator for more than a half-dozen clinical studies.
More About Me
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery - General
University of Maryland Medical School
University of Washington School of Medicine
United States of America
University of Washington
The Cleveland Clinic
UC Davis Medical Center
- 2019-Present: Vice-Chair, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California Davis
- 2020: Chief of Service, Spine, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, Davis
- 2015-Present: Co-Director, Spine Center, University of California, Davis
- 2020-2023: Fellowship Chair, AO Spine
- 2019-2022: Steering Committee, IMAST
- 2019-Present: Associate Member, AO Spine KF Deformity
- 2014-Present: The Spine Journal
- 2009-Present: Spine
- 2009-Present: Tissue Engineering
- 2011-Present: Anatomical Record
- 2012-Present: Evidence Based Spine Journal
- 2020, Whitecloud Award Winner, SRS/IMAST Prospective Multicenter Assessment of Complication Rates Associated with Adult Cervical Deformity Surgery in 133 Patients with Minimum 1-Year Follow-up
- 2018, Elected to The Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons
- California Orthopaedic Association: Annual Meeting & QME Course Orthopaedic Institute for Children Resident Award: Intraoperative Fluoroscopy, Portable X-ray, and CT: Patient and Operating Room Personnel Radiation Exposure in Spinal Surgery
- 2017, Elected to the American Orthopaedics Association
- 2017, Best Poster Presentation, AO Spine Banff Fellows Forum
- Presentation: Webinar, Cornell University - Thoracolumbar Trauma Cases (06/25/2020)
- Lecture: Grand Rounds, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, California - Adult Spinal Deformity (02/26/2020)
- Panel Discussion: CSRS, New York, New York - Stryker Cervical Deformity: Management of Complex Cervical Pathologies Marquis (11/21/2019)
- Lab: 9th Annual UCSF - TL PSO VCR/ Pelvic Fixation/Screw, Las Vegas, Nevada - Techniques in Complex Spine Surgery Course (11/09/2019)
- Presentation: SRS 54th Meeting, Montreal, Canada - Preoperative Extension Lateral Cervical Radiographs are Associated With Osteotomy Type, Approach and Postoperative Cervical Alignment Following Cervical Deformity Surgery (09/28/2019)
About the Patient Experience Rating System
The Patient Rating score is an average of all responses to care provider related questions on our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.