Please join us for our 9th Annual Walk for LOVE + 5k at the Philadelphia Zoo, supporting Shriners Children’s Philadelphia.
We are excited to announce that our annual Walk for LOVE + 5K event will be held at the Philadelphia Zoo again this year. So get ready to walk, run, roll or stroll through the zoo to benefit the care provided at the hospital.
The Philadelphia Zoo is located at 3400 W. Girard Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19104. The zoo is wheelchair accessible.
Be sure to download our official 2023 Registration and Fundraising Toolkit which contains registration instructions, fundraising tips and additional information about the Walk for LOVE.
Saturday, October 7, 2023
- 7 a.m. – Walk/Run registration and check-in begins
- 8 a.m. – Run begins
- 8:10 a.m. – Walk begins
- 9 a.m. – Awards and program
- Free – Walk registration – Patients/past patients please use the email below to contact us for registration.
- $15 – Walk registration youth (all youth 2-18 through September 2) – Includes zoo pass and T-shirt.
- $25 – Walk registration (early bird rate through August 4) – Includes zoo pass and T-shirt. Price increases to $35 after August 4.
- $25 – 5K registration (early bird rate through August 4) – Timed 5K Run (all ages). Includes zoo pass and T-shirt. Price increases to $35 after August 4.
Our hospital’s signature fundraising event will be held at the Philadelphia Zoo. The zoo is easily accessible via public transportation and is ADA compliant. In addition to the 1-mile walk, roll or stroll, you will also be able to compete in our timed 5K run.
Make sure you plan to spend the day with us. Your admission is also included to allow our supporters of the event to experience the zoo after our event wraps up. Access to the zoo is granted to leave and return on the same day.
A few other items to note: You will need to leave your furry friends at home unless you have a service animal. Zoo memberships cannot be used for our event, and all children under 2 are free.
Parking garages are readily available on the zoo property. We are still working on the fee structure for parking, more to come.
Patient Registration Information:
To register your patient/past patient for FREE, please contact Joy Young at JOYoung@shrinenet.org or 215-430-4206.
For sponsorship opportunities, please contact Ms. Terry Diamond at email@example.com or 215-430-4055.