Summer camp for ages 5-8: June 19-21, 2022
Summer camp for ages 9-14: June 27-29, 2022
9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Campers will meet at Shriners Children's Twin Cities each morning, unless otherwise noted.
At Shriners Children's Twin Cities, our care extends far beyond the physical walls. We provide complimentary camp opportunities and activities for current patients.
Camp Achieve Summer is a three-day day camp for patients who have a limb difference and have seen one of our doctors within the last calendar year. Campers are able to interact with other children who have a limb deficiency while participating in a variety of adventure activities and challenges.
The camp began in 2002 as an opportunity for patients to be with other children having the same needs and abilities. Often, these patients are the only children in their community or school with an artificial limb. Camp Achieve gives the kids a place where they can be surrounded by other children who are just like them. Campers forge friendships and learn skills while gaining confidence and trying new and different things.
The objectives of Camp Achieve are simple:
- To have fun.
- To build camaraderie and make new friends so each camper knows they are not alone.
- To have a place where campers can share their experiences and listen to one another's experiences and build strength from them.
- To have an opportunity to participate and be successful in a variety of activities.
- To build confidence and empower a child to attempt new challenges.
Families are responsible for:
- All travel and lodging expenses. A list of local hotels offering Shriners’ families discounted rates is available upon request.
- All parent meals.
- Camper’s breakfast and evening meals.