As we expand our Inpatient Pediatric Rehabilitation Program to include care for children with traumatic brain injury and in recognition of brain injury month in March, we are pleased to announce a three-part recorded educational series.
To earn credit, please watch the series throughout the month then join us for the live expert panel discussion. Completion of each video and knowledge assessment earns 1.0 CEU and up to 4.0 CEU in total for RNs and PTs.
Special Invitation for: nurses, physical therapists.
Part One: Prevention, Acute Recovery and Lifespan Implications – 1.0 CEU
- Recognize risk factors and strategies for prevention
- Distinguish lifespan of TBI specific to the pediatric population
Part Two: Interdisciplinary Care on the Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit – 1.0 CEU
- Determine factors that promote engagement in the rehab process
- Anticipate patient progress based on TBI type, severity and therapy evaluation findings
- Integrate principles of SMART goals to construct a plan of care
Part Three: Interventions to Target Brain – Behavior Function – 1.0 CEU
- Describe cognitive and functional tests/measures
- Analyze cognitive strategies for functional activities training
- Apply principles of brain-behavior relation for impairments of memory, mood and executive function