You or you loved one is wearing a TLSO-Thoracic Limber Sacral Orthosis. The brace is specially designed to support the spine in the best possible position while you are growing. The brace is only effective if it is worn on a consistent basis. The goal of wearing the brace is to prevent the curve or curves from progressing or getting larger.
- Apply clear, non-colored aloe vera gel or other moisturizing lotion to hydrate treated areas.
- Gently soap and rinse during shower.
- Pat dry after shower.
- After initial redness fades, use sunscreen and/or a hat during sun exposure.
- Don’t rub with towel or washcloth.
- Don’t scratch or pick at scabs.
- Don’t swim or soak in bathtub until fully healed.
- Don’t expose skin directly to sun without sunscreen.
- Don’t take hot baths, showers for 24 hours after t